Beautiful Loser

LanaBoards 101 - A Newbie's Guide -

Hello! I hope this thread will be helpful to you whether you're a newbie or a regular visitor who needs a reminder on how to browse and use LanaBoards. :party:

How to use the front page

qFrbxC0.png

How to change layout themes

After the server update in 2020, LanaBoards looks slightly different from before. Now, you have the luxury to change layout pictures! If you'd like to switch the look, press the button called "Theme" at the very bottom of a page or thread. (CP mode is only for LB staff users, sorry!)

zJLj0Kw.png

How to edit your signature

1. Click at the top right corner of any page, right where your profile picture can be seen.
  2. Click on "account settings" in the drop bar.
  3. Click on "Signature" to edit your signature!

aBbU8yz.png

How to post in threads, add a picture, add a spoiler tag, and subscribe to a thread

NimP1T2.png

How to add YouTube videos and tweets

Copy the url link to a video or tweet and paste it in your reply in a thread, or in your status update, or in your blog post. It should automatically change the url link to a video or tweet.

(If anyone knows how to add Instagram posts, please let me know because I still haven't figured that out. :defeated: Teach me, and I'll make a guide for others to use as well.)

VgAW2yE.png

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to learn! :)

Happy browsing! :kiss:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9 minutes ago, icecreamqueen said:

thank God for this thread. I'm gonna look like a total noob here but how do you add a forum signature?

Just added it in the original post! :heart:

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Are there any instagram updates Clamp? 

If someone teaches me how to do it, then I'll make a guide. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

25 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Just added it in the original post! :heart:

If someone teaches me how to do it, then I'll make a guide. :defeated:

Apparently u just go to instagram, click the 3 dots ( ... ) feature, copy the embed post. 
go to the <> option and paste the code with HTML on. 
but so far it just pastes the code on some banner. 

traditional methods don't work
was checking other things and it just hasn't been pasting for myself and other users who just got tired and forgot. 

let me know what u think. 
I know the posts are possible bc of the instagram thread, and the forum had the option of checking the code from before, but doesn't anymore. 

it used to allow posts w simple links. and a modified http://instagram.com/p/-... 
but it might have something to do w/ Facebook taking instagram that and that mere users might not just have access to do so. 

UV/Honeymoon

Re Instagram: the links used to autoembed, but for some reason it won’t work anymore, citing Instagram as the issue. For awhile, it also worked by typing the embed code in the “<>” button. Now that doesn’t work either. The only way to do it now is to manually insert HTML with a certain button only available to admins, as I had to disable the HTML inserts for Members after a couple of rambunctious people took advantage of it to mess with the site, finding a loophole to change the background image & autoplaying music on the homepage for everyone. 
I’m not exactly sure why the IG auto-embed is broken, but there is another minor site update I’ve been meaning to do that includes a few patches, and I’m hoping that will fix it. I’m hoping to do that update in about two weeks or so when I have proper time as I’ll have to take the site offline again and it’ll probably take a couple of hours to update. This won’t be as major of an update as the one I did in August as it’s just minor patches & upgrades rather than a whole software update, but I’ll keep everyone updated when I do it. Hopefully after that, the Instagram autoembed feature will be fixed! Sorry about that guys x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

I've been here for quite some time now, but I have one question: How many warning points result in a ban and what happens if one is put in a mod que?

There's no certain "number" of points until it results to a ban. We usually choose to ban based on the offense rather than the number of points accumulated, or if we see a repeated problem. 

When a user is placed on Mod Queue, a moderator must manually approve their posts before they're available for public view until the queue ends.

Hope this helps! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

33 minutes ago, Elle said:

There's no certain "number" of points until it results to a ban. We usually choose to ban based on the offense rather than the number of points accumulated, or if we see a repeated problem. 

When a user is placed on Mod Queue, a moderator must manually approve their posts before they're available for public view until the queue ends.

Hope this helps! x

Thanks a lot! 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif