Sign in to follow this  
SalvaWHORE

Suboi

Okay, i think it's time for me to introduce to the Board one of my personal favorite musician from my home country - Suboi

birthname: Hàng Lâm Trang Anh

birthday: 01.14.1990,

tu-hao-chua-suboi-duoc-vinh-danh-tai-quang-truong-thoi-dai-sau-khi-ra-mat-album-moi_21597.jpg

Known by her stage name Suboi, she is a Vietnamese rapper, singer, and songwriter.

Born & raised in Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon), Suboi is one of the first Vietnamese female rappers to become successful in the country and is considered as Vietnam's queen of Hip-hop.

When asking about her artistry, she cited Azealia Banks, Da Brat, Nicki Minaj, Linkin Park, Eminem, Aaliyah, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Foxy Brown, Missy Elliot, M.I.A. as her influence. She also listens to jazz music a lot (some of her works are interesting combination between jazz, RnB & hip-hop as well).

She also said on her instagram story livestream that she likes Grimes alot, she also listens to MARINA, FKA twigs, ROSALIA as well.

Some of her best works that y'all need to listen to (i recommend y'all to turn on the English subtitle because her lyricism is top-notch imo):

She also teamed up with Hikaru Utada for the remix version of "Too Proud" from her album HATSUKOI in 2018

Now time to stan Suboi my loves

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

fun fact: Azealia Banks follows her on instagram as well. I was surprised when I found out that Azealia knows her.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

The eras:

WALK (2010)

Walk - Album by Suboi | Spotify

RUN (2014)

RUN - Album by Suboi | Spotify

NO NÊ (2021)

interestingly, the title of the album is called "NO NÊ" - which means "FULL" in English, but if it's stylized in English, it will be "NONE" - nothing.

FULL but NONE, it's one of the main theme she explores in this era. It's her first concept album and in my opinion, her magnum opus in her artistry.

No Nê - Album by Suboi | Spotify

Stream her: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2Fc5cGXai8xzLhGyltp4tT?si=kUUdgeuFSfuld_Fkr3RP6Q

"No Nê" album visual - let's just say i was transcended watching this.

her magnum opus, i think you'll love her @the ocean

15 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

her magnum opus, i think you'll love her @the ocean

on first listen i thought it was alright but nothing special but it's growing on me a lot :trisha:

it's really different from anything else i think i've heard before (which i assume is because i've literally been surrounded by western music and even the eastern music i've heard is heavily western influenced so it's definitely an interesting listen but in a good way)

i'll check more of her stuff out :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

on first listen i thought it was alright but nothing special but it's growing on me a lot :trisha:

it's really different from anything else i think i've heard before (which i assume is because i've literally been surrounded by western music and even the eastern music i've heard is heavily western influenced so it's definitely an interesting listen but in a good way)

i'll check more of her stuff out :true:

gurl i think you're going to like this

she was spitting bars on disco beat before it's trending again in 2019.