Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

26 minutes ago, Embach said:

I think that the music industry's biggest award's voters - Grammy's voters should be music experts from universities, not some random uncle Joes who mastered a Metallica album 30 years ago. These kind of fellas can vote for MTV or Billboard awards but not the Grammys.

yeah it makes no sense how that people vote but wtw

3 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

just saw this on twitter (buzzingpop):

Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. sent a letter urging the GRAMMYs’ 12,000 voting members to take their jobs seriously:

“The trajectory of people’s careers and lives are altered by your choices. As such, you owe it to your peers to vote intentionally, deliberately, with pride and with purpose. Last Grammy season, I heard a Grammy voter say they hadn’t taken a specific artist seriously since a performance they saw more than 10 years ago. I was shocked and disturbed by that. There is no place in our organization for such bias, grudge-holding, or careless voting. It’s about the current year and the quality of the work, period! There should be no other rationale for voting. If you are taking into account an artist’s older work, or their reputation, or race, or gender, what label they are on, who their manager is, how many friends participated in the project, or anything else like that, you’re not doing your job. I know most of you already do but please, just listen to the music, and evaluate it! You are the reason the Grammy Award is so special.”

The way we all said it was rigged af and now we have actual proof

Grammys have zero cred

I hope she never bothers going again 

As @Embach said, who cares what some idiot who mastered a Metallica album 30 years ago thinks? 

Also it's embarrassing how people accept Grammys

Everyone is always all "nawwww you guyssss I can't believe it schucks" when in reality they know all too well that their manager has spent the past 10 months gifting voters 9-carat gold airpods 'n' shit

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I actually feel a lot of respect for Harvey Mason Jr for admitting that this is an issue, and directly tackling it head on. I don't know whether it will chance anything in the future, but the fact the Grammy Awards are actually making an effort is a good thing, and I hope Lana feels a little bit of vindication.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

When she wins her first Grammy for Tough :coffee: I think it has a great shot for a nomimation, idk about win though

2.gif

6 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. sent a letter urging the GRAMMYs’ 12,000 voting members to take their jobs seriously:

“The trajectory of people’s careers and lives are altered by your choices. As such, you owe it to your peers to vote intentionally, deliberately, with pride and with purpose. Last Grammy season, I heard a Grammy voter say they hadn’t taken a specific artist seriously since a performance they saw more than 10 years ago. I was shocked and disturbed by that. There is no place in our organization for such bias, grudge-holding, or careless voting. It’s about the current year and the quality of the work, period! There should be no other rationale for voting. If you are taking into account an artist’s older work, or their reputation, or race, or gender, what label they are on, who their manager is, how many friends participated in the project, or anything else like that, you’re not doing your job. I know most of you already do but please, just listen to the music, and evaluate it! You are the reason the Grammy Award is so special.”

"There is no place for such bias" like, ye, for sure, Mr CEO.

Every damn year the same commercial faces leave that gala with their hands full of awards no matter how artistically mediocre their output may be, but, ye, come and have the courage to say there's no place for bias there.

17 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

glad the CEO spoke up about it. That member should be banned from voting if he cannot vote without bias. Lipsters will never forget or forgive Mr. Can’t-take-her-seriously-for-a-performance-over-a-decade-ago :oprah3::adele:

492482-1.png

♡︎

A part of me wants her to win a Grammy as a nice big fuck you, but i kinda don't want her to get one either and still be a unawarded cult figure/outliner because it just makes the Grammys look even more of a joke and still keeps her in her own lane like she's always been in. I dunno. 

Lol, that CEO is just virtue signaling. They are the ones who choose voters, they are the ones who erased Weeknd from all categories because he chose to do Super Bowl over Grammys. He is the scammer himself and acting like shocked and disturbed… give me a fucking break. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

Almost forgot about this thread and now y'all are reviving it. I'm still not over the trauma of being awake til 6 am to watch this scam :air:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-