Sign in to follow this  
honeyslow

Khruangbin

I realised there's not a thread for this band who are one of my absolute favourites (and have just announced their fourth studio album "A LA SALA" releasing April 5th), so I'm making it! 

Khruangbin is a three-piece band from Texas, formed of Laura Lee on bass, Mark Speer on guitar, and Donald Johnson on drums. Taking influence from 1960's Thai funk - their name literally translates to "Engine Fly" in Thai - Khruangbin is steeped in the bass heavy, psychedelic sound of their inspiration, Tarantino soundtracks and surf-rock cool.

khruangbininterview202212401.jpeg

My favourite album of theirs has to be Con Todo El Mundo, and my favourite songs are probably Maria Tambien and Rules though I can honestly say that they don't have a bad song in my book. Although their studio albums are gorgeous in and of themselves (and all recorded in a barn in Burton, TX btw) , the group really shines in their live performances. I've been lucky enough to see them twice last year and I hope to catch them again when they tour the new album this year.

As an intro I can really recommend this live recording:

And this is the gorgeous gorgeous music video for their newest single: 

Maybe there some other Khru fans here :)

And for those who might not have heard of them before, I hope this post motivates you to check them out! I think they have a very unique sound, and I don't think there's another artist which puts me in such a good mood without fail every time I listen to them.