Lana On The Silver Screen

Lana Del Rey & Water (Philosophical Research)

Hi there beautiful people!

I would like to request your assistance. I am researching for articles related to Lana's work that are professionally written by scholars, not just a piece from a magazine telling us the 10 facts a Lana fan should know about. Especially, I am interested in the articles - if there is any - that comment on her use of water in her work (music videos, lyrics, references to other artists - writers/musicians, themes, poetry etc.). Also, if a thread of this kind already exits here, please let me know. If you have come across any of these or have any ideas yourself, I'd be grateful to read them. Also, I think we'll gather here a wonderful archive of Lana's philosophical connections with water since it's a very important element of her work. 

Thank you! Have a great day everyone xxx

LANA ON THE SILVER SCREEN

7e9c2e2e7204671042592b963232920a3e888215

If you search the Lana Fandom wiki for "water", you might find some information, too

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Water&scope=internal

I wonder if there are many scholars articles? I guess you might find information in interviews though. 

It was expensive watch it 

2 minutes ago, Olympia said:

If you search the Lana Fandom wiki for "water", you might find some information, too

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Water&scope=internal

I wonder if there are many scholars articles? I guess you might find information in interviews though. 

Thank you for this!

Yeah, I thought about the interviews myself but I am looking for something more formal, you know? But I know that there isn't much written about Lana from a more formal-scholarly point of view so I guess in the end I'll have to stick to them... 

I looked on Google Scholar and although there are quite a few articles on Lana, none seemed to specifically be about water. Do you have access to academic journals? If you're doing any sort of post-secondary study, you should be able to access these.

On  your subject, I'm glad somebody's looking into this! I had the idea a few months ago of writing about her connection more specifically to 'the Ocean', but your topic is just as interesting. If you end up doing any writing, I'd love to see it.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, longtimeman said:

I looked on Google Scholar and although there are quite a few articles on Lana, none seemed to specifically be about water. Do you have access to academic journals? If you're doing any sort of post-secondary study, you should be able to access these.

On  your subject, I'm glad somebody's looking into this! I had the idea a few months ago of writing about her connection more specifically to 'the Ocean', but your topic is just as interesting. If you end up doing any writing, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for your reply. I've looked on google scholar too. I can't access the academic journals unfortunately. I've been working on this for a while but now I got the chance in university to write it formally. Sure, I will share it here once it's done, I want to receive as much feedback as possible. I'd love to read your work too if you have anything ready. I feel that Lana has sooo rich material to work on and it seems very peculiar to me that she hasn't been a study subject yet. Let's hope that this will change over the years.