Wryta Thinkpiece

indianlovecall's Fantasy Album Art

Finally a step further in organizing 33 albums worth of Lana Del Rey music, and finished my Back to tha Basics fantasy album/art.

It took me three years to make the cover for this fantasy album since the original drafts and ideas were beyond my skills with photo-manipulation to realize in their likeness, and I was set on using photos of Lana from specific shoots/candids, so I held off on finishing, waiting for the latter to become available in quality I could work with.

But I came back to it last night, and just started fresh with new material, and while the finished piece is different in concept and theme, I am still very happy with this. Going colorful and erratic with the choice of font for the album title was a little out of my comfort zone, but I feel like it encapsulated the characteristics of the many pieces of graffiti art scattered throughout Coney Island

I might tweak the tracklist a little bit, but the unreleased tracks used basically tell of revisiting an old romance, backtracking to the first moments, eventually becoming disillusioned and letting tired things go.

Definitely another favorite of mine that I've done so far.

26899471141_d8ddfa831d_b.jpg

Here is a side-by-side comparison with the original photos used, and the tracklist for BTTB:

26934391006_d556dfac1b_b.jpg

AND BEFORE YOU ALL FLIP OUT: THE 1949 ON THIS ALBUM IS AN EXTENDED MIX OF THE STUDIO VERSION THAT I JUST MADE. IT IS NOT A REAL UNRELEASED SONG. BUT I DID A GOOD JOB AND WOULD NOT MIND GIVING IT TO WHOEVER WANTS IT.