jvcx

Lana Del Rey - Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland - June 16th 2013

To keep the Helsinki thread alive for a little while: The warming up act ,Kari Tapiiri was really impressing. Alone with a guitar he filled the large arena with music that made me feel euphoric. So when Lana entered the scene I was in the right mood.

Seriously? I checked one of his music videos before the gig and it seemed okay, but every single song he performed sounded like the previous one and first he didn't talk very clear, we were in the 5th or 6th row and my friend actually asked me if he was singing in English or Finnish. Thank god he eventually left the stage, I mean he was okay but...  :eek:

And yeah, Finnish press actually started to claim that the audience reactions were all pre-recorded after this one asshole said so in his review and everyone believed him. Like what the fuck, seriously. Makes me want to punch all those sorry ass journalists in their faces. Every single person around me (and me of course) sang along the songs and actually I was surprised how well everyone knew the lyrics, but I still don't believe that every audience reaction was pre-recorded.  :lanasrs:

Overall the reviews seem to be pretty bad, as if no one was satisfied. Lots of people seem to be criticizing Lana for paying attention to the first rows only which is true, and imo it's understandable since she's performed and still might be more used to performing for smaller audiences. She doesn't have to put on an extremely high-budget show to entertain her fans and to prove her love for her fans that way. But then again it's the press, lots of so called "journalists" with their dicks on their forehead, so them not saying anything positive about the concert isn't really that surprising.  :smokes3:

The start of Cola (and the show) was a mess sound-wise, the audience was so loud that it was hard to hear Lana sing and her voice was lost in all the obnoxious screaming (I think some of the girls thought they were in a Justin Bieber concert?). She actually said "Turn me up! Turn them down!".

You're right, that's what she yelled. " Turn them down ."  How? To whom was she directing her demand?

You're right, that's what she yelled. " Turn them down ."  How? To whom was she directing her demand?

Audio engineers, I'd guess? Maybe the instrumental part of her music was drowning out her voice and she asked to "turn down" her band?

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Audio engineers, I'd guess? Maybe the instrumental part of her music was drowning out her voice and she asked to "turn down" her band?

You're probably right. My idea of " audience-mics" is maybe a bit too far fetched. I have a vivid imagination :D