Sign in to follow this  
popwhore

"The Leaked Sessions"

I think that is what is bothering her about the leaks, actually. (other than the lack of privacy)

It tarnishes her aesthetic.

It's hard for me to conceive of May Jailer tarnishing anything, tbh, but if by "aesthetic" you mean music, I don't think it's that simple, because UV breaks the aesthetic of BTD. So she broke her aesthetic once, why should she be concerned about doing it some more by being associated with different past musical styles.  If you mean her older stuff is somehow raunchier or more politically incorrect than her officially released stuff, maybe you could argue this for a few songs (though I couldn't), but there are still a lot of songs left over after that. It can't be an argument about the quality of her released vs. unreleased as I'm sure nobody could agree on this (so, for instance, I think Disco exceeds PWYC and Pin-up Galore exceeds Sad Girl, which is not to say I dislike either UV song).

Her physicality (how she looks and portrays herself in magazines) stayed roughly the same from BTD to UV (with "normal" variation in hairstyle and dress for female stars at least). So I don't know that if she put out her version of a "bubble-gum pop" album made from her leaked/unreleased catalog that she'd have to change her look any. We also know such an album would still be very distinguishable from others in the genre.

It's hard for me to conceive of May Jailer tarnishing anything, tbh, but if by "aesthetic" you mean music, I don't think it's that simple, because UV breaks the aesthetic of BTD. So she broke her aesthetic once, why should she be concerned about doing it some more by being associated with different past musical styles.  If you mean her older stuff is somehow raunchier or more politically incorrect than her officially released stuff, maybe you could argue this for a few songs (though I couldn't), but there are still a lot of songs left over after that. It can't be an argument about the quality of her released vs. unreleased as I'm sure nobody could agree on this (so, for instance, I think Disco exceeds PWYC and Pin-up Galore exceeds Sad Girl, which is not to say I dislike either UV song).

Her physicality (how she looks and portrays herself in magazines) stayed roughly the same from BTD to UV (with "normal" variation in hairstyle and dress for female stars at least). So I don't know that if she put out her version of a "bubble-gum pop" album made from her leaked/unreleased catalog that she'd have to change her look any. We also know such an album would still be very distinguishable from others in the genre.

I was mainly thinking of the amount of upbeat songs.

She is the sadcore queen, but then there are songs like Queen of Disaster, Ooh Baby, MMITPM....