Sign in to follow this  
Wryta Thinkpiece

Emily Kinney

Fellow fans of The Walking Dead might know her better for her role as Beth Greene, but outside of her acting career, the 28-year-old is also quite the songbird. Personally, I think she's more than deserving of a topic here.

She debuted with the 2011 EP The Blue Toothbrush, and around 2013, released another EP called Expired Love. As of March 18th of this year, she re-released the Expired Love and included two new tracks.

The up-beat approach in her songs (in contrast to the otherwise undesirable romantic situations that she sings about,) is not the only thing that makes Emily Kinney's work so beautiful. It's also her way of being simple-but-to-the-point lyrically (which we all know that I am a sucker for,) in a way that especially focuses on the emotional delivery that makes her songs come alive. Imagery is her forte (two brownie points from Stoop Kid,) and as a hopeless romantic of a New Yorker, I identify with so many of her songs and her love for finding (and valuing) the meaning behind the simpler moments shared with a lover/romantic interest that otherwise go unnoticed (and that makes three.)

But I need not say anymore, I think I'll let some of my personal favorites do the talking. We have a handful of gems.

Happy listening! :kiss:

The opening track to the Expired Love EP, "Expired Lover,"

Following, we have "Times Square,"

Her beautiful cover of Waxahatchee's "Be Good,"

The adorable gem that is "Married,"

The fun tracks "Doctor" and "Julie,"

"Dad Says"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISF-bwEMFkk

"Over Anticipate" from The Blue Toothbrush EP,

And lastly, "In," and "Morning Sex is For Lovers," also from TBT EP,