Stormriver

Because of You

but we can we talk about her appalling murder of the English language; 'make me uncrazy'

@ yes we can we talk about her murdering the English language :lmaoney:

Hahaha... despite being well-spoken in interviews and whatnot, I've found a handful of incorrect English in her songs. Not that that's uncommon, but since you guys brought it up, I thought I'd contribute. :)

One example: "Lucky Ones" The chorus ends with "...could it be, you and me are the lucky ones." To be grammatically correct, it would have to be "you and I," not "you and me."

Another: "National Anthem" In the main chorus, you have "Red, white, blue is in the sky..." Should be "are in the sky."

And then, there's her famous tweet about Ultraviolence: "Me and Dan Auerbach are excited to present you Ultraviolence"... should be "Dan Auerbach and I," not "Me and Dan Auerbach." Ahh, Lana, what shall we do with you... LOL...

Hahaha... despite being well-spoken in interviews and whatnot, I've found a handful of incorrect English in her songs. Not that that's uncommon, but since you guys brought it up, I thought I'd contribute. :)

One example: "Lucky Ones" The chorus ends with "...could it be, you and me are the lucky ones." To be grammatically correct, it would have to be "you and I," not "you and me."

Another: "National Anthem" In the main chorus, you have "Red, white, blue is in the sky..." Should be "are in the sky."

And then, there's her famous tweet about Ultraviolence: "Me and Dan Auerbach are excited to present you Ultraviolence"... should be "Dan Auerbach and I," not "Me and Dan Auerbach." Ahh, Lana, what shall we do with you... LOL...

I get what you're saying.

But the NA chorus is different, she's not saying that red, white and blue ARE on the sky, she's just saying that the flag shares it's blue with the sky, so it wouldn't be a grammatical error since blue is the only color from the flag in the sky.

Personally I love these little mistakes in her writing such as 'bestest friend'. They add so much character to the lyrics and charm to the songs, as if written by a girl in her teen years...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I get but you're saying.

But the NA chorus is different, she's not saying that red, white and blue ARE on the sky, she's just saying that the flag shares it's blue with the sky, so it wouldn't be a grammatical error since blue is the only color from the flag in the sky.

True, though in that case, I would've interpreted it as in "red, white, and blue," meaning the Flag, is in the sky.

Personally I love these little mistakes in her writing such as 'bestest friend'. They add so much character to the lyrics and charm to the songs, as if written by a girl in her teen years...

I'm sure these "mistakes" are intentional. Some are probably meant for rhyming purposes. For example, in "Lucky Ones," the lyric "Could it be, you and me are the lucky ones" rhymes better than "Could it be, you and I..." She also sometimes changes syllables... for example, in "Video Games," she turns "only" into a 3-syllable word: "On-a-ly worth living if somebody..."

I'm not faulting her for this; I just find it somewhat amusing. The first time she was asked to sing "Young and Beautiful" live in Luxembourg, she said "We haven't sang that one live yet." Should've been "We haven't SUNG..." :)

I'm not faulting her for this; I just find it somewhat amusing. The first time she was asked to sing "Young and Beautiful" live in Luxembourg, she said "We haven't sang that one live yet." Should've been "We haven't SUNG..." :)

Lana is technically correct in saying 'sang' instead of 'sung'. Sang is the the simple past, sung is the past participle. Either way works, neither is more correct than the other.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Lana is technically correct in saying 'sang' instead of 'sung'. Sang is the the simple past, sung is the past participle. Either way works, neither is more correct than the other.

Well, to be specific, it's the Past Perfect form of the participle. And with that in mind, yes, "had sung" is correct where "had sang" is not. (I looked it up.) "Sung" is the same verb tense as the word "driven." Using that example, you would say "I have not driven down that road before" (or "I had not driven..."), as opposed to "I had not drove...".