Sign in to follow this  
lafleursauvage

Lana Del Rey in ELLE Magazine (France)

I think her family life is definitely complicated and a lot probably stems from her childhood. My take is that her parents weren't around a ton during her childhood or if they were, they were pre-occupied with something else. In many cases (not saying that this is what happened with her) one of the reasons a child will develop an alcohol problem early on is because of a stressful or neglectful home life. I'm using the term neglectful in the sense that Rob and Patty weren't around alot, not in the sense that they harmed her physically or anything like that. As for her siblings, I doubt that she is legally responsible for them as both siblings are over the age of 18. I think, being the oldest sister, she enjoys caring for them and gave them the option to come and live with her and escape from Lake Placid. Maybe she's trying to protect them from living the life that she lived in her later teens and early twenties. They all seem to have a great relationship with Rob now and Chuck has expressed how much she enjoys spending time with her mom. Every family is messy and complicated; nice to see how much lana cares about her siblings. 

^ Agreed! And you know what they say.... every family has their issues. Do keep in mind that alcoholism can be pretty genetic as well and I'm not trying to be an arse but she does have Irish blood in her. The irish are well known for their drinking. I hope I don't come off as rude to anyone, it certainly isn't what I'm aiming for! xx

She listens way too much to other people sometimes. :/

She herself has admitted to being an introvert and being an introvert myself, I can say: we're very sensitive! We're very conscious and heedful of what people have to say about us. So I can imagine being in the public eye is much more of a difficult task. I just hope she finds her balance <3

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif