Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers 'Madame Figaro' Magazine

This, along with the NYT interview, is a great interview and really gives Lana a clear means to articulate her views as they relate to the music.

I love the piece about her battling Dan and crew's guitars, because that is exactly how the songs come across. She was a warrior bitch on this album, and I love it. One can hear that real WORK went into this album. Yeas@ completing the tracks in one take. Come through, Lana. She stormed.

I try to remain reasonable and healthy, but, inside, I carry many contradictions. I have peaceful moments and a great deal of torments. It is tempestuous.

Lovely girl...

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Whats ironic is that people always complain about how manufactered and fake Lana is, when most singers are told exactly what to say in interviews and how to respond to questions. It is obvious no one's ever given Lana any insight on how to talk to interviewers, and when she says something that can come across as stupid or insipid, it's really just because she's being herself. She's the most real and relatable artist out their because she doesn't really fit in with any crowd, and sometimes she slips up and people give her shit about it. People always say "she's so fake she's just saying she wants to die to promote her shit music!" but people have made up ridiculous rumours about her online, she has no control over any of it and can't explain to people how untrue and hurtful these rumours are. From her perspective it must feel like the whole world hates her, I can understand her being unhappy. Like I said she's very real in her interviews, and she really does come across as a very lonely and confused woman.

I think ceaselessly of death, the concept of mortality is a vagueness that is constantly threatening. I find it to be heavy, crushing, really. What is the purpose? And what if there's nothing after? I believe in a power bigger than us, who can guide us and help us to find the answers. But it is difficult to perceive it when you are constantly in movement.

If consciousness ends at death that makes life kinda awkward. Like, I look in the eyes of my loved one and say: "Honey I love you so much but after I die I won't give a fuck." And she replies "Ok lol, neither will I."

When I finish something, I am very annoyed…

And that's how the interview finished.

:scream:

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun