Honeymooner

String recording idea

Hey everyone,

I hope this is the right area.  This is a type of art, after all. :)

Aside from being a big Lana fan, I am also a classical musician and arranger, and I play in a lot of string trios and quartets for wedding, parties, that sort of thing.  I've arranged a lot of music over the past couple of years, including John Powell's "Kisses and Cake" and Pharrell Williams' "Happy."  I also recently played for a wedding where the bride and groom had a somewhat unusual request: Lana's "Young and Beautiful" for the bridesmaids, and "Video Games" for the bride.  I did the string quartet arrangements for both.

I had this idea of getting a string quartet together to record several of her songs, put them on a CD, and present them to Lana if she is in concert in San Diego (or somewhere in southern California) and I can get tickets.  I'm wondering if anyone out there is, perhaps, a string player in the SoCal area who would be interested in participating in a recording project?

Aside from the 2 tunes above, I have completed arrangements of "Summertime Sadness" and "Blue Jeans," and am currently working on "Dark Paradise."  I plan to also do "Blue Velvet" and "Once Upon a Dream" (both in Lana's style), as well as "Born To Die," "National Anthem," "American," and "Old Money."  That will be a total of 11 songs (hope they all fit on one CD!).  I could try to get a group of people here that I already know, but I'd rather have people who are Lana fans and know her music as well as I do. :)

Anyone interested??

Thanks!

I don't know but I'd totally buy that CD. Just saying. Please keep us updated with your recording.

Thanks! :)  But it wouldn't be something that I would sell.  It would be strictly for Lana, as a tribute to her and her music.