Honeymooner

Use of "Big Eyes" songs in the movie

Anyone seen "Big Eyes?"

I wasn't surprised to only hear a snippet of the title track during the film.  The one thing that surprised me, though, was how they used "I Can Fly" at the end.

I was expecting to hear some other song at the beginning of the end credits, and then they'd eventually transition into "I Can Fly" and play the whole thing through, especially since there are sound effects with kids running around at the end of the song.  NOPE!  Instead, they played "I Can Fly" first, but only about 2 minutes of it, and then launched into another song.  That was disappointing to me.  Just wondering if anyone else felt similarly.

I don't really like Big eyes or I can fly as songs. They never grew on me. For me, I instantly love or not like a Lana song from the first time I hear it.

but to each their own, everyone has their own tastes. Ima so curious how Honeymoon will sound. Whats your take on this?

And how was the movie?

I like both songs, but I like "Big Eyes" better.  To answer your question, though, both my wife and I really liked the movie.  It was very well done (who'd expect anything less from Tim Burton? :)  ).  And I now have a newfound love for Amy Adams. :)  It's funny, too -- we saw Big Eyes, and then a couple of nights later, we watched the "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian," and... Amy Adams again!

So funny I just watched Big Eyes a few minutes ago for the first time! I wasn't too surprised as I think most songs that big artists write for movies are more for promotion and buzz than actually being used in the movies.

I have gold in my veins

Yeah, it kinda sucks that it didn't. I mean like Big Eyes was written specifically for the movie, and the fact that more of I Can Fly was played :toofunny: I figured it would've at least been used throughout the film like Once Upon A Dream was in Maleficent[sp?]

Then again, I didn't watch the movie for Lana at all and it was pretty good without relying on a soundtrack so