Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, a wild one said:

kinda want her to start completely fresh music wise and move on from the character story

id like to think that Portals is the end of it. if not character stories overall, its the end of the Cry Baby/etc character story

i need at LEAST one album (13+ songs) to have NO backstory. just a general theme surrounding her personal experiences.

Does anyone else love Paper Cut? The lyrics are so good. It's hard to not have on repeat 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

19 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Does anyone else love Paper Cut? The lyrics are so good. It's hard to not have on repeat 

Do you know something about the fragile snippet 

what an amazing show. if you can get tickets to the trilogy tour, it is worth every penny. the set list, the production, the choreography, the outfits, it's all incredible!! many parts of the show have stuck with me days later, but the part that hit me the most was the slideshow of messages to free palestine while the principal plays in the background. that was powerful. i'm not a huge fan of portals but screaming the lyrics to evil, the contortionist and nymphology was one of the best parts of the show. i didn't take many pictures but here's one i took during alphabet boy:

61reE7v.jpeg

past, present, future

Paper Cut / Stitches is awesome. I love the flamenco guitars she was experimenting with towards the transition from After School to PORTALS.  I wish she would’ve stuck more to that instead of the alternative indie rock vibe

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

Get better and cheaper candles at Yankee candle or something lol

I've looked over the notes and everything for the candles and it seems like they all have a lot of overlapping notes too... I think in effect most of them would smell pretty much the same with a few vanilla/fruit scents, a few musk scents, and then one or two florals. I don't exactly deem that worth $75 when any of those can be found at Walmart for $5... (and I've also seen some claims that they were offered at $50 at one point, which... if that's true, why increase an already exorbitant price by another $25? I just do not get this money hungry behavior.) 

The candles are cute but hella expensive

she has all these ideas but the money gets to herrr

Also music wise lets stop bitching around about portals

its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be i swearrr (AGAIN, just the songs)

i know she can do better with all the metaphors and i know she missed with all the scrapped songs

but im honestly not that mad with it