Sign in to follow this  
lanebeck

Anyone on here run a big blog?

I hope this thread is okay, I really appreciate the Lanaboards people and that's why I wanted to ask you for advice...

Does anyone here run a succesful personal blog?

Succesful not necessarily in that it has thousands of views and likes, but in existing for some time and making you happy.

I’ve always felt envious of people who are able to run highly personal blogs about their life. What movies they’ve seen, which music makes them feel alive, how do they feel about that friend who no longer lives close to them and the like. I’ve always wanted to have my own place on the net to serve as a diary of sorts, so that I can take a look back a few years in the future and see what kind of person I used to be. Every day life seems so normal and flavorless till it is in the past. Only then you miss days long gone by…

I used to follow quite a few people who I considered masters of capturing their lives and personalities in blog posts. It made me inspired to try myself (especially since I want to be the best writer I can be) but it made me feel like a fraud or a copycat (stupid, I know).

I would like to try again, but I have so many questions and doubts.

What if nobody cares about my posts and I feel like an idiot? At the same time, I’m so used to writing just for myself…  I have already written some diary entries/blog posts, but they are still sitting on my Evernote account.

What blogging platform should I use - Wordpress, Blogger?

Maybe it’s selfish of me, but I would really appreciate any pep talk, tough love or just advice.

I want to become the chronicler of my own life (especially now that it is no longer a black hole of suicidal ideations), but my personality disordered self makes it really difficult.

I just feel so stupid for wanting to share my thoughts cause I’m not that good or special...

i am nothing and should be everything

I started my own blog about three years ago and wrote more back then than what I do now. These days I mostly feel like I have nothing interesting to write or tell because my life is pretty eventless, or I feel bad if I don’t study instead (because I waste my time here instead lol). But I will try to write a little more next month or so.
I use Wordpress. It’s so great, the only thing I could complain about is that you can’t upload unlimited amount of pictures, so I try to only post blog posts with text now so I can keep my blog for a long time and add pictures when necessary.

I don’t really have any readers, just an internet friend of mine that writes comments. But people still find my blog somehow, maybe thanks to some texts I’ve written to help/guide other students or just sharing school work. I also write in both English and Swedish (in case any non-Swedish speaking friends want to read too).

I don’t know if I really have any tips. Write for yourself, that’s what I do. Don’t feel guilty for not writing anything for weeks, it’s ok since it’s not exactly a full time job, it’s a hobby. And share your blog with friends and try to describe what your blog is about if you want more readers?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png