Sign in to follow this  
surfnoirswing

Lana Del Rey: The Most Influential Artist Of The 2010s

LOL. Most people don't even know who she is.

True, shes not so famous that shes trending in youtube every week, but when you think about it, Lana inspires more people than Taylor Swift --> who is actually inspired by lana. Hell, even Rihanna seems to have taken note 

EVERYONE comments on Lana's aesthetic and asks about what inspires her. I doubt anyone does that to taylor

Oh please, she may not be Beyonce but even if most people can't probably name her songs they have for sure heard her name somewhere. She was the most googled woman of 2012 after all

giphy.gif

I def felt the fashion impact at the time she came, especially because I found her on the fashion section of a site I used to read. I remember that everyone was wearing weird clothes that nowdays I think it was influenced by Lady Gaga? (Correct me if I'm wrong, please  :creep: ) And then I saw Lana for the first time and I felt kind of happy to see that she was wearing a normal dress and hair and make-up  :toofunny: (I'm sorry, I didn't like so much of those stuff. Everything seemed exaggerated  :um3: ). I didn't really notice the flower crown (Even tho one of the first articles that I read that mentioned Lana was about the flower crown being the new trend photo.jpg ), just when I started to look for more alternative/indie or whatever music that I saw it was very popular. Nowdays I can also feel the impact on mainstream: everyone seems more...I don't know exactly the word, "alt" maybe? (Again, correct me if I'm wrong. :toofunny: ). Whenever I see a tv show, a movie, book too, I kind of feel a influence there, but this may be just my fan head already speaking  :P . I always wonder how the next generation will look like, who will be the next pioneer (or he/she/they is/are already between us?  :raven: )...

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593