Sign in to follow this  
LDRO

October 3-5 & 10-12 Austin City Limits Festival

Sounds pretty much like most of her concert lineups. I guess she's still not performing much from UV here in the states. I saw a video of a recent European performance, and she did several UV songs, including F'd My Way. But that's OK with me; I'm actually a bigger fan of BTD/Paradise anyway.

Bummer about her not coming down in front during National Anthem. I'd bet that disappointed a lot of people who made the effort to get front row spots. Were you able to see her anywhere after the show?

Interesting, too, that she didn't do "Video Games" right before "National Anthem." That's how she usually performs the two...

Sounds pretty much like most of her concert lineups. I guess she's still not performing much from UV here in the states. I saw a video of a recent European performance, and she did several UV songs, including F'd My Way. But that's OK with me; I'm actually a bigger fan of BTD/Paradise anyway.

Bummer about her not coming down in front during National Anthem. I'd bet that disappointed a lot of people who made the effort to get front row spots. Were you able to see her anywhere after the show?

Interesting, too, that she didn't do "Video Games" right before "National Anthem." That's how she usually performs the two...

It was a bummer. I was disappointed but after not meeting her 4 shows in a row you get used to it lol. I waited front row since 11-6:30 which is not that bad tbh compared to last time... 6AM-7PM lol.

The thing is, Lana was performing before Eminem, so a lot of the front row at least on my side, were Eminem fans who could care less about Lana. Which explains why I was not shoved at all which was cool lol. 

I tried to find her hotel but I didn't know which one it was (there's a few good ones in Austin)...so yeah idk about that.

Also I found that strange too. I think her manager told her not to meet fans during NA because he came on and talked to her for a brief moment towards the end of the set.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Also I found that strange too. I think her manager told her not to meet fans during NA because he came on and talked to her for a brief moment towards the end of the set.

Oh, that sucks bigtime. She did go down and meet fans during Music Midtown in Atlanta, though, so there's still hope. I keep hearing that LA is one of her biggest fanbases, though, so it'd be pretty silly for her not to do the meet-and-greet thing when she's there. I also read a report that she hopped down off of the stage for a selfie with one fan in Austin, though... so, I guess we'll see. But I really hope she does it, because to me, that's one of her most endearing qualities -- her interactions with fans.

Oh, that sucks bigtime. She did go down and meet fans during Music Midtown in Atlanta, though, so there's still hope. I keep hearing that LA is one of her biggest fanbases, though, so it'd be pretty silly for her not to do the meet-and-greet thing when she's there. I also read a report that she hopped down off of the stage for a selfie with one fan in Austin, though... so, I guess we'll see. But I really hope she does it, because to me, that's one of her most endearing qualities -- her interactions with fans.

No--she did come off stage at the beginning, during Cola, but went to the other side.

Then she went back on stage-saw my poster and my Brazilian friend's Brazil flag, and waved at us so we were like ok she'll meet us during NA...but didn't... lol

Idk

I'm going again next weekend so maybe it'll be better idk

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Then she went back on stage-saw my poster and my Brazilian friend's Brazil flag, and waved at us so we were like ok she'll meet us during NA...but didn't... lol

Oh, I misunderstood -- I interpreted "NA" to mean North America, as in don't go meet fans during North American shows. Now I realize you meant National Anthem... LOL. TMA (Too Many Acronyms)!

I have noticed her fan interaction at festivals is quite different than her regular shows. I went to the sweet life festival and she didn't take pics with fans as long as she did at her philly show.

In terms of the set list, I was expectingn her to do the same set list she always does at this show. I also want to point out she was wearing a very "paradise" inspired dress. I think these last few shows before La are her goodbye to that era. This is to make up for her not really touring in the USA for BTD and Paradise. When she gets to LA I think she will break out the ultraviolence set list.

Oh, I misunderstood -- I interpreted "NA" to mean North America, as in don't go meet fans during North American shows. Now I realize you meant National Anthem... LOL. TMA (Too Many Acronyms)!

Haha sorry for that!

TMA for sure.

But yes I want to make it clear that the concert itself was great, Lana was beautiful and her vocals were heavenly, I enjoyed this show the most out of my 4 now, but I am only slightly bummed out she didn't meet with me. Guess I should resort to stalking the airport next time lol

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Lana was even better today than last week--the crowd fucking loved her aka me and ppl around me. Lana fans here were amazing. It was a lovely experience.

Setlist:

CRUEL WORLD

cola

body electric

blue jeans

west coast

ultraviolence

born to die

summertime

OLD MONEY

video games

national anthem

a few are out of order

again she didn't meet fans during national anthem

:crying4:

aka she didn't meet me again even tho she saw my poster and portrait

oh well

maybe 6th times the charm...

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Lana was even better today than last week--the crowd fucking loved her aka me and ppl around me. Lana fans here were amazing. It was a lovely experience.

Setlist:

CRUEL WORLD

cola

body electric

blue jeans

west coast

ultraviolence

born to die

summertime

OLD MONEY

video games

national anthem

a few are out of order

oh well

NO RIDE?! :crying2:

Setlist:

CRUEL WORLD

cola

body electric

blue jeans

west coast

ultraviolence

born to die

summertime

OLD MONEY

video games

national anthem

a few are out of order

oh well

Well at least you get to see her perform so many times :aw:

NO RIDE?! :crying2:

yeah pretty sure she didn't do ride...

Well at least you get to see her perform so many times :aw:

that is true!

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Honestly I'd rather her do Ride than Old Money. I never liked Old Money.

no fucking way haha

old money was so beautiful live. so beautiful--my favorite song of the set

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Is it much different live?

it is somewhat different live

i love it so i'm biased haha

BVT4uKe.jpg   

it is somewhat different live

i love it so i'm biased haha

I love that song, too! That and "Is This Happiness" are my favorites from Ultraviolence, because they're both such beautiful songs.

The major difference between the album and live versions of "Old Money" are: 1) No strings. 2) Use of percussion and guitar.

If you listen to the album version, you'll hear strings and piano backing Lana up. No percussion, guitar, or even bass guitar. The live version I heard from a video of her performance in Mexico used piano, guitar, and light percussion. They didn't use pre-recorded string tracks, and surprisingly, I didn't miss them. The song sounded just as great without strings as with. I hope she performs that one in LA this weekend!

The best thing about the live version are the verses. Specially the part where she talks about her parents, "my mother's glamor lives on and ooooonnnnn""" :cumming: The way she holds the notes there is just so amazing :flutter:

I also like the fact that she reached down for those really low notes (way low D-flat below middle C is the lowest one). I've noticed that most of the time when she sings live, if the album version of a song has very low notes, she doesn't usually sing them, possibly because at that range, they wouldn't carry well over the music. But with "Old Money," since the music is somewhat subdued, she can hit the low notes and they'll carry. It adds to the beauty of both the song and her voice. :D

I love that song, too! That and "Is This Happiness" are my favorites from Ultraviolence, because they're both such beautiful songs.

The major difference between the album and live versions of "Old Money" are: 1) No strings. 2) Use of percussion and guitar.

If you listen to the album version, you'll hear strings and piano backing Lana up. No percussion, guitar, or even bass guitar. The live version I heard from a video of her performance in Mexico used piano, guitar, and light percussion. They didn't use pre-recorded string tracks, and surprisingly, I didn't miss them. The song sounded just as great without strings as with. I hope she performs that one in LA this weekend!

YES I COULD LISTEN TO OLD MONEY AND is this happiness on loop forever. Those two are among my favorites from the album. 

The best thing about the live version are the verses. Specially the part where she talks about her parents, "my mother's glamor lives on and ooooonnnnn""" :cumming: The way she holds the notes there is just so amazing :flutter:

FUCK YES

That was my favorite part too

BVT4uKe.jpg