Sucker

AURORA

Yesterday was absolutely cray. She did a live stream interview on Facebook with Norway's biggest news channel, and I got a shoutout when I asked her about her favorite song on the new album. :toofunny:  

@ 12:03 "Oh, Robin Larsen!! Heeeyy!! Well, you never know about Robin, because he knows everything. So it might be that he already knows about the songs that are coming out on the next album. But there is a song called The Wild Rabbit. That's my favorite right now." I died and laughed so hard when she said that.

Literally an hour later, I met her on the street with her two sisters, and she wanted to take selfies on her phone. :defeated: She's so nice and so sweet and she was so excited about me seeing her 3 times the next 2 weeks and she gave me so many hugs. I was on my way to buy a box for a present I was gonna give her, but I met her before I got one, so I gave her the present without it. It was volume 2 of a moth book from 1967 and some Star Wars PEZ. She loved it.

At the show she did at Øyafestivalen she gave me a huge shoutout in front out 13.500 people in the audience.... :toofunny: 

@ 43:28 "Hey, hey Robin! He's so nice! He gave me some PEZ today!" <3 :crying:

Thank you honey but what about the demos & rarities?????  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:  :creepna:

Oh, well, I didn't even think about those, haha. There aren't really that much out except for a Conqueror demo and the Runaway demo. I completely forgot about those.

lABVyGE.png

So, WHAT'S NEW?

1. She got her appendix removed, and had to cancel some shows in December.

4F6KmF1.png

2. She got back on track and performed the mini-Norwegian tour. She did amazing considering she had her appendix removed 2 weeks before! (..she also fell OFF stage during Winter Bird at the final show of 2016, poor thing. She did the whole show either way!)

3. She's got a new hot haircut. :flutter:

029dJmT.png

4. She's finally done shows Asia (Singapore), New Zealand and Australia!

mXSspaw.png

5. She won "Album of the Year" at the GAFFA Awards. She won Best Newcomer last year!

qknSq5j.png

6. She's nominated for THREE (3!!!) Norwegian GRAMMY awards this year. She won Best Newcomer there last year as well.

7. She did this insane cover of Massive Attack's "Teardrops" two days ago, and it left everyone bald. (She also did Warrior, which also left everyone bald tbh.)

8. She just won TWO Norwegian GRAMMY awards for Best Pop Solo Artist and Best Music Video for "I Went Too Far".

9. She's having a 4 month break from touring now to finish and put the final touches on the 2nd album before the festival season (it's still expected to be released this fall/winter until further notice). You guys should be excited. Things are happening and it sounds amazing.

(Also, I've actually moved across the country from Oslo to Bergen.... I moved here yesterday to work for Aurora's management. Sh!t.)

lABVyGE.png

I moved here yesterday to work for Aurora's management. Sh!t.)

:defeated:

AURORABOARDS in 3, 2..

I remember reading, either everyone wanting every artist to cover Teardrop, or maybe specifically Aurora, but when I saw that cover, I was like, wow imagine those 75643131224545 happy ears dying for it.

But now I'm somehow imagining her covering Alanis Morisette - Uninvited

(Also, now you can tell her that a fan in a Lana forum thinks she's the female, Lannisterish, Jesse Eisenberg--visually)

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Really got into her recently, Silhouettes was the starting point and after being gifted the album for Christmas it's gone on from there

I know it's already been answered and moved on from but it's a shame that we'll never hear a HQ/studio-like version of All My Demons, it's the song that I keep coming back to and I've tried searching for some good remasters and even considered paying a producer to remaster the live audio but yeah, it's a real shame but I guess she made the call not to finalise the sessions of it so there's not much we can do lol

Yay!! Active posts! 

AURORABOARDS in 3, 2..

I remember reading, either everyone wanting every artist to cover Teardrop, or maybe specifically Aurora, but when I saw that cover, I was like, wow imagine those 75643131224545 happy ears dying for it.

But now I'm somehow imagining her covering Alanis Morisette - Uninvited

(Also, now you can tell her that a fan in a Lana forum thinks she's the female, Lannisterish, Jesse Eisenberg--visually)

I can totally see her do a cover of that tbh. :defeated: That's beautiful!

Really got into her recently, Silhouettes was the starting point and after being gifted the album for Christmas it's gone on from there

I know it's already been answered and moved on from but it's a shame that we'll never hear a HQ/studio-like version of All My Demons, it's the song that I keep coming back to and I've tried searching for some good remasters and even considered paying a producer to remaster the live audio but yeah, it's a real shame but I guess she made the call not to finalise the sessions of it so there's not much we can do lol

I'll fight for a HQ/studio recording to be released at some point, if the studio never gets released. The studio version sounds too empty, so I get why it got scrapped some the album. It doesn't quite sound right and doesn't do the live version justice.

In other news, the second album is gonna be a slayage and a half. She's worked with some great writers!

lABVyGE.png

it's a shame that we'll never hear a HQ/studio-like version of All My Demons, it's the song that I keep coming back to

^ how I feel about Home/Gone/Getting Colder

In other news, the second album is gonna be a slayage and a half. She's worked with some great writers!

Imagine these women join forces : Meet Aurora, the Mythical Lovechild of Björk and Grimes

It was in 2012 when Aksnes uploaded a personal song onto Norwegian Soundcloud that she first got discovered. Originally, the track was meant as a Christmas gift for her parents, but it quickly found its way to the ears of an agent.

@Sucker what song is it?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

^ how I feel about Home/Gone/Getting Colder

It was in 2012 when Aksnes uploaded a personal song onto Norwegian Soundcloud that she first got discovered. Originally, the track was meant as a Christmas gift for her parents, but it quickly found its way to the ears of an agent.

@Sucker what song is it?

The studio version of Gone sounds a bit empty too. They never finished producing the song because it never went in the direction they wanted it to.

And it's this song: 

lABVyGE.png

The studio version of Gone sounds a bit empty too. They never finished producing the song because it never went in the direction they wanted it to.

I'm pretty sure even the unfinished piece is 674583467x more than enough. :poordat:

Is/was there an official AMD instrumental release?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJBG2QZRohWXZeifD-39aSVj12Di3kboh

ETA: Another song for Aurora to cover that will slay even moreso than Teardrop is... Song To the Siren. As much as I like The Mortal Coil's, Bryan Ferry's and Paula Arundell's version, The Czar's rendition sounds exceptionally Aurora-esque in the simple and effortless way of John Grant maneuvering, lamenting, and delivering his voice.

Or should I say the other way round? Dare I say Aurora is like the female version of John Grant--sonically? :hdu:

Have a listen to their cover album https://open.spotify.com/album/5FPGpuLVRHQVVF5mCAy4T1

Black Is The Colour, Angel Eyes and For Emily... are especially Aurora-ish.

I'm pretty sure even the unfinished piece is 674583467x more than enough. :poordat:

Is/was there an official AMD instrumental release?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJBG2QZRohWXZeifD-39aSVj12Di3kboh

ETA: Another song for Aurora to cover that will slay even moreso than Teardrop is... Song To the Siren. As much as I like The Mortal Coil's, Bryan Ferry's and Paula Arundell's version, The Czar's rendition sounds exceptionally Aurora-esque in the simple and effortless way of John Grant maneuvering, lamenting, and delivering his voice.

Or should I say the other way round? Dare I say Aurora is like the female version of John Grant--sonically? :hdu:

Have a listen to their cover album https://open.spotify.com/album/5FPGpuLVRHQVVF5mCAy4T1

Black Is The Colour, Angel Eyes and For Emily... are especially Aurora-ish.

No, sadly, the instrumentals has just been available on publishing sites. They should have released them tbh. Could have gotten them some extra money, haha.

lABVyGE.png

I love AURORA so much! I went to see her last year in October and met her. She's an absolute sweetheart and I adored being able to speak to her for about 5 minutes. She's so kind. <3 

tumblr_nv3ubpr8ay1u9vsflo1_540.gif

I love AURORA so much! I went to see her last year in October and met her. She's an absolute sweetheart and I adored being able to speak to her for about 5 minutes. She's so kind. <3 

Yeeessssss. :flutter:

lABVyGE.png