National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts
  • Fan Since:January 2012
  • Time Online: 182d 8h 44m 43s

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

Listened to half of the album on the way to school this morning and wow, it's great. Excited to hear the other half on the way home. The production is sooooo awesome. I really really like her already, I can tell.
  • naachoboy and Dustininni like this

H0bDaqU.gif

#22 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

my literal queen

sJOUq1d.png
  • naachoboy, comeintomybedroom, Atom Heart and 1 other like this

H0bDaqU.gif

#23 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts
  • Time Online: 436d 55m 12s

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

Standard video!

#24 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, she's excellent. The album is so meticulous and to think that she made the whole thing herself is mind-blowing. So much talent.

The only songs that I don't love are "Kitty Kat" and "Need Myself". The rest are immaculate.

H0bDaqU.gif

#25 OFFLINE   naachoboy

naachoboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Time Online: 174d 16h 8m 34s

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:15 AM

Stanning.

• National Anthem and comeintomybedroom like this

#26 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

Stanning.

Right?! I haven't felt this way about a new artist in a long time! She's on the same level as twigs to me. Hondureña queen! Threat, Make Up, and Icon are so amazing on top of the already amazing released tracks!

• naachoboy likes this

#27 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

I was hoping to maybe pick this up on CD today, but apparently no stores are carrying it lol. Guess I'll order on Amazon.

But seriously this is one the freshest things I've heard in a long time. I've probably already listened to the album in full 5 times since yesterday.
  • comeintomybedroom likes this

H0bDaqU.gif

#28 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Everything Is You
Spoiler

Water Water
Spoiler

Standard
Spoiler

How Do You Do It
Spoiler

To Get By
Spoiler

Kitty Kat
Spoiler

Need Myself
Spoiler

Make Up
Spoiler

Threat
Spoiler

Icon
Spoiler

• Freaky Rockshow likes this

#29 OFFLINE   luckyonewithoutyou

luckyonewithoutyou

v a p o r b a b e

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Time Online: 80d 4h 39m 29s

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:36 AM

Holy hell slay
  • naachoboy and comeintomybedroom like this

#30 OFFLINE   ShuichiAmy

ShuichiAmy

88AYM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Time Online: 27d 6h 50m 27s

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

Standard video!

r0g5.jpg

#31 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

There were comments (like minutes after she first posted it) saying she copied this video but whatever, the song, her music in general, is better so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#32 OFFLINE   ShuichiAmy

ShuichiAmy

88AYM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Time Online: 27d 6h 50m 27s

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

There were comments (like minutes after she first posted it) saying she copied this video but whatever, the song, her music in general, is better so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel these videos are clones. No matter the music behind them, and I don't believe in better or worse, they are different (but for me they are both marvelous). Loved both videos but I can't help feeling the simmilarities are too many.

r0g5.jpg

#33 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

@comeintomybedroom Adriaaaaaan I see you boo

VFpAYbI.png

my review is right above yours lol
  • naachoboy and comeintomybedroom like this

H0bDaqU.gif

#34 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

@comeintomybedroom Adriaaaaaan I see you boo

my review is right above yours lol

lmaoo, i totally forgot i used cimb on itunes. omg i never add reviews on itunes.

I want a full Spanish album. Tristeza and Agua Agua are soooo great. It'd be so cool if she re records Me in Spanish for ha mom.

#35 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

lmaoo, i totally forgot i used cimb on itunes. omg i never add reviews on itunes.

I want a full Spanish album. Tristeza and Agua Agua are soooo great. It'd be so cool if she re records Me in Spanish for ha mom.

I need add reviews either, but I just had to for this one

I still haven't listened to Systems or "Champagne" and it's b-side, but every thing else is great. I'm fine without more Spanish versions, just because I know I will never listen to them other for novelty really lol ("Agua Agua" is cute to have but it's literally the same as "Water Water" and except I can't easily comprehend what she's saying sooo). However, I'd love if she gave us English versions of the two Spanish only tracks.

H0bDaqU.gif

#36 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:10 AM

I need add reviews either, but I just had to for this one

I still haven't listened to Systems or "Champagne" and it's b-side, but every thing else is great. I'm fine without more Spanish versions, just because I know I will never listen to them other for novelty really lol ("Agua Agua" is cute to have but it's literally the same as "Water Water" and except I can't easily comprehend what she's saying sooo). However, I'd love if she gave us English versions of the two Spanish only tracks.

The Spanish songs are very simple lyrically but they're really pretty. "My sadness has left with the full moon. The taste of honey has stayed on my lips" is my little rough translation of Tristeza. She re recorded Water Water in Spanish so that her mother could understand it, which is really lovely. Anyways, Champagne's b-side is waaay better than Champagne. And Systems is good too, so get on that!

#37 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

The Spanish songs are very simple lyrically but they're really pretty. "My sadness has left with the full moon. The taste of honey has stayed on my lips" is my little rough translation of Tristeza. She re recorded Water Water in Spanish so that her mother could understand it, which is really lovely. Anyways, Champagne's b-side is waaay better than Champagne. And Systems is good too, so get on that!

aw that's really cute that she did that for her mom tho :cuteface:

tbh I'm super excited to dive into them but I'm just trying to enjoy her piece by piece slowly so I have more material to look forward to! I've seen copies of the Systems CD online and I really gotta find a reasonably priced one before she blows up and it becomes hella expensive

H0bDaqU.gif

#38 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

aw that's really cute that she did that for her mom tho :cuteface:

tbh I'm super excited to dive into them but I'm just trying to enjoy her piece by piece slowly so I have more material to look forward to! I've seen copies of the Systems CD online and I really gotta find a reasonably priced one before she blows up and it becomes hella expensive

I only found it on viny! Normally I would love to have the CD, but since I bought it on iTunes, it's whatever. Also that collab with Amateur Best is on iTunes and it's really good!

But back to the album, it's so amazing! It is too short and it feels even shorter because I like every song. I ordered the vinyl for $20 including shipping, which was really cheap, imo 'cause I hardly buy vinyls because they always come out to like almost 50 bucks.

#39 OFFLINE   National Anthem

National Anthem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

I only found it on viny! Normally I would love to have the CD, but since I bought it on iTunes, it's whatever. Also that collab with Amateur Best is on iTunes and it's really good!
But back to the album, it's so amazing! It is too short and it feels even shorter because I like every song. I ordered the vinyl for $20 including shipping, which was really cheap, imo 'cause I hardly buy vinyls because they always come out to like almost 50 bucks.

Yeah I like the Amateur Best collab!

I agree the album feels criminally short, but it's so pleasing and concise at the length it is tbh. I still think tracks 6-7 drag it down just a tad but everything before and after is perfect. "To Get By" is so good omfg.

I'm going order the CD soon, not sure when. I recently got a record player for my birthday, but I still haven't even got it to play correctly and idk how I'm going to go about starting a record collection now on top of my hundreds of CDs lmao.

H0bDaqU.gif

#40 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Yeah I like the Amateur Best collab!

I agree the album feels criminally short, but it's so pleasing and concise at the length it is tbh. I still think tracks 6-7 drag it down just a tad but everything before and after is perfect. "To Get By" is so good omfg.

I'm going order the CD soon, not sure when. I recently got a record player for my birthday, but I still haven't even got it to play correctly and idk how I'm going to go about starting a record collection now on top of my hundreds of CDs lmao.

I love Kitty Kat, "don't kitty kitty cat me like I'm just your pussy" and the thrashing instrumental just makes it so badass. Need Myself is good as hell too, "can I get up off of my knees, and find a rhythm for my own" feminist anthem. And yes I love the production on To Get By, it's so hypnotizing.

The only song that I wasn't really feeling was the opener, but that changed. The last three are just so perfect omg, I listen to those three on repeat so often. The four that we had prior to release remain gold too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users