Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Sadly I feel the same way, and that scares me because I've never felt this way with her before.

Same. But I'm not actually scared, it's just, I suppose it's sadness because it happened. :(

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

You remind me of me in 2013 and that's why I stan you :godlaugh:

But yeah, it's unfortunately a facet of any fandom that people will lack a critical eye or be blinded by love of previous work. If any half serious poet released this they would be criticised harshly. Lana seems to get a pass because she's ~actually just a singer trying her hand at poetry~ but I think we should still be critical and hold her to a high standard because I KNOW she's capable of beautiful lyricism. This isn't it though and honestly feels like a regression in her writing, both thematically and stylistically.

Nothing scares me anymore™

:heart:

Random question; wasn't she in writing classes for a little while early on in her music career? :biblio: It seems as though she feels constricted in her writing nowadays? It could just be me, but it seems as though the lyricism and content from Sirens, From The End and Young Like Me were much more mature and thoughtful than what we've been getting lately. I just didn't think the day would come where I realized her art was in retrogression and I hate to make comparisons to her past work but come on :poordat: I just guess in a way she set the bar too high for herself back when she was going through hard times, and now that her lifestyle has calmed down and she has too much time to think about thinking, she doesn't really possess any inspiration for new stories and tales, but I can't blame her. I mean, she's going to a coffee shop everyday talking to the same people, so how much can that really add to the story you're trying to tell? :sadcore2:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Ohmygod enough w the flexing. Let the others be. Ur amazing and I appreciate you but sometimes ur ego just munches on your own ass and u like it. How bout u do a bit better and just post some of ur favorites instead of all this high ho'ing

I'm sorry I'm disappointed? What do you want me to tell you. If she's being held to the standard of singer's writing poetry, then yes she did a great job. If she's being compared to poet standards, then no she didn't. I'm not going to lie to make everyone else feel better, especially when I love poetry. I'm sorry if I offended you, but you could just skip over my post if you've taken it personally. Love you though

:heart:

Random question; wasn't she in writing classes for a little while early on in her music career? :biblio: It seems as though she feels constricted in her writing nowadays? It could just be me, but it seems as though the lyricism and content from Sirens, From The End and Young Like Me were much more mature and thoughtful than what we've been getting lately. I just didn't think the day would come where I realized her art was in retrogression and I hate to make comparisons to her past work but come on :poordat: I just guess in a way she set the bar too high for herself back when she was going through hard times, and now that her lifestyle has calmed down and she has too much time to think about thinking, she doesn't really possess any inspiration for new stories and tales, but I can't blame her. I mean, she's going to a coffee shop everyday talking to the same people, so how much can that really add to the story you're trying to tell? :sadcore2:

The hard truth Lipsters will deny just because of a 4 minute guitar solo in Venice Bitch

Claiming her art is regressing when her lyrics are better than ever and her production is more dynamic than ever is :rip:

Sorry y’all lost your bussy-popping anthems, but even critics recognize Lana’s evolution and ever-developing artistry.

And sure, I miss the campy, glamorous, Lolita in a David Lynch movie lyrics, but she has grown as a woman and her different sound and lyrics reflect that. We have endless BTD era material (released and unreleased) to go back to listen to/watch.

Claiming her art is regressing when her lyrics are better than ever and her production is more dynamic than ever is :rip:

Sorry y’all lost your bussy-popping anthems, but even critics recognize Lana’s evolution and ever-developing artistry.

And sure, I miss the campy, glamorous, Lolita in a David Lynch movie lyrics, but she has grown as a woman and her different sound and lyrics reflect that. We have endless BTD era material (released and unreleased) to go back to listen to/watch.

In what way is Sirens a "bussy-popping anthem album" :biblio:

I agree and I love the path, music, lyrics and everything she's released so far, shit, MAC, VB and Hope might even be in my top 10 song from her. But at least for me I've lost all the excitement that I had for the album.

I'll probably still love it anyway and might even be my favorote from her, but the whole thing has felt SO uneventful.

Idk it's just a weird feeling lmao.

Edit: I thought this was for me :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

:eartha:

I didn't realize volunteering at native reserves, helping alcoholics at AA meetings, going to writing classes, learning how to play instruments and going to university as a philosophy major was immature compared to hanging out with instagram bloggers everyday, going to coffee shops and wearing tracksuits :biblio:

I didn't realize volunteering at native reserves, helping alcoholics at AA meetings, going to writing classes, learning how to play instruments and going to university as a philosophy major was immature compared to hanging out with instagram bloggers everyday, going to coffee shops and wearing tracksuits :biblio:

Y’all know good and damn well I meant she’s gotten older and her music has changed as well.

^this

fucking sad

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I mean she was also living in a trailer park for no reason and smoking meth  :rip:

Now you're just twisting the facts to prove your very specific point. Let that girl live in peace

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif