Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

What I hope it'll be: 60s Shangri La, cinematic, majestic, Honeymoon-esque shit

What I think it'll be: NFR 2.0 but leaning more towards what Hope is, with lots of vague references to fucked up shit that none of us understand, plus a few songs about Seany that we will all pretend are not about Seany because otherwise they will be unlistenable.

If there are any songs about Churchome I will simply neck.

i don't think there will be any songs about sean maybe one or two at the most since they just recently broke up and i'm sure she's had the album finished for awhile

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I guess this album will have Chase references since that's who she was dating when she wrote this album? I keep forgetting that she even dated him.

Naaah they broke up right before she started writing cocc

i don't think there will be any songs about sean maybe one or two at the most since they just recently broke up and i'm sure she's had the album finished for awhile

She was writing/recording it whilst with him, so if this is a "happy" album then it's probably going to have songs about how fantastic she thinks he is. Or, thought he was.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I honestly think it’s going to be the “Sean album” mostly: how happy she is and how bad the breakup is. Not exclusively him though (she was dating Chase when NFR was out - still can’t believe how fast she made the switch).

Naaah they broke up right before she started writing cocc

I think she was still with Chase when NFR was out and this is where she announced WHF. So maybe a couple of songs will be about Chase, if those songs are still on the album (a lot has happened since then: Sean, the breakup, the quarantine...)

I honestly think it’s going to be the “Sean album” mostly: how happy she is and how bad the breakup is. Not exclusively him though (she was dating Chase when NFR was out - still can’t believe how fast she made the switch).

I think she was still with Chase when NFR was out and this is where she announced WHF. So maybe a couple of songs will be about Chase, if those songs are still on the album (a lot has happened since then: Sean, the breakup, the quarantine...)

didn't lana and sean meet in august and hit it off from day one? that's what the ny times interview says..also chase was pretty shady when nfr came out when he posted doin time on his story then deleted it right after

didn't lana and sean meet in august and hit it off from day one? that's what the ny times interview says..also chase was pretty shady when nfr came out when he posted doin time on his story then deleted it right after

I don’t remember all the details of both stories, to be honest. I remember that gossip articles said Chase was shady AF. I don’t remember when he was last “seen” in her stories (and of July? August?) I guess she was fed up with him and Sean must have looked like a gentleman in comparison... Sean has a lot of flaws, but he seemed present and there for her, at least in appearances, which seems more than Fuckboy Chase. I guess some songs on NFR could be about Chase, maybe, at least in parts (anyways, I don’t think that the men in her songs are just one person, but a mix of possible BF).

there won't be any songs about Sean because he is just not a muse

they're gonna be about Barrie

I don’t get why Barrie is seen as the best Lana BF... Sure, I love the music they did together, but didn’t she leave him because he was chronically depressed? My first BF was chronically depressed and it’s no cup of tea, really, especially when he didn’t want any help and stopped his meds.

Barrie and Emile Haynes are way too worshipped here, IMO.

I don’t get why Barrie is seen as the best Lana BF... Sure, I love the music they did together, but didn’t she leave him because he was chronically depressed? My first BF was chronically depressed and it’s no cup of tea, really, especially when he didn’t want any help and stopped his meds.

Barrie and Emile Haynes are way too worshipped here, IMO.

I don't mean that they never should have broken up

I just mean their souls match. they write so much good music about each other and with each other because of it

I just mean their souls match. they write so much good music about each other and with each other because of it

I don’t think their souls match if she felt she had to change herself for him

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

I don’t remember all the details of both stories, to be honest. I remember that gossip articles said Chase was shady AF. I don’t remember when he was last “seen” in her stories (and of July? August?) I guess she was fed up with him and Sean must have looked like a gentleman in comparison... Sean has a lot of flaws, but he seemed present and there for her, at least in appearances, which seems more than Fuckboy Chase. I guess some songs on NFR could be about Chase, maybe, at least in parts (anyways, I don’t think that the men in her songs are just one person, but a mix of possible BF).

Chase/Sean timeline, illustrated

YfUJ3kJ.jpg

cazCBQv.jpg

ousT7HZ.jpg

:coffee:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Chase/Sean timeline, illustrated

YfUJ3kJ.jpg

cazCBQv.jpg

ousT7HZ.jpg

:coffee:

Woah! I’m always amazed by the info some of you are able to find... The pool « marks »?!?! Genius! And on Sept 15, Chase is in her pool and on the 23, she is seen with Sean? Her relationship with Chase went south very fast!!! So WHF would be about him :0 (assuming that she was writing about what she was living and assuming it’s a love song)?!?

She did say about him that it was like being in a relationship with her twin or with herself (can’t remember the details). Barrie does seem the closest to her in terms of temper.

Guys could this era’s flower be jasmines? Lana wrote a haiku about jasmines describing how their perfume is so important to her because it reminds her of the contrast between the ups and downs of fame.

Jasmine in the air

the burden of fame is real

never felt so clear

Guys could this era’s flower be jasmines? Lana wrote a haiku about jasmines describing how their perfume is so important to her because it reminds her of the contrast between the ups and downs of fame.

Jasmine in the air

the burden of fame is real

never felt so clear

As much as I love flowers associated to albums, maybe she is departing from the flower association? A bit like there are no cars on the cover of NFR? And as for NFR, we can’t agree on its flower (love the wildflower idea brought by Paradixo- I think- ; that whole prerelease sure was unorganized and free like wildflowers).

I’d love for COCC to be associated by jasmine though. Or pansies like a couple of you mentioned.

Even if I like this era more in a way that we’ve heard nothing so far in comparison with NFR that she pretty gave away the half album in previews, I’m dying just for one preview nothing more until it drops or a single?!

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Even if I like this era more in a way that we’ve heard nothing so far in comparison with NFR that she pretty gave away the half album in previews, I’m dying just for one preview nothing more until it drops or a single?!

Same! I do believe we will get the album on September 4 or 5, but at the moment, just a preorder or a cover reveal or a snippet would be nice, something to give us a hint of the album’s feeling. But I guess that if she posts a snippet, I’ll want a whole song haha!

As long as she doesn’t overkill it like she did on NFR. LFL wasn’t so bad, in snippet comparison, though there was a lot of teasing of the last tracks produced for the record.

As much as I love flowers associated to albums, maybe she is departing from the flower association? A bit like there are no cars on the cover of NFR? And as for NFR, we can’t agree on its flower (love the wildflower idea brought by Paradixo- I think- ; that whole prerelease sure was unorganized and free like wildflowers).

I’d love for COCC to be associated by jasmine though. Or pansies like a couple of you mentioned.

There wasn't a car, but a boat. So I guess the "vehicle" theme was continued. Do we think there's going to be a vehicle on the COCC cover? Maybe even a white shirt again? :flutter:

There wasn't a car, but a boat. So I guess the "vehicle" theme was continued. Do we think there's going to be a vehicle on the COCC cover? Maybe even a white shirt again? :flutter:

With the chemtrails, there’s the evident plane reference that could end up on the cover.

I always keep in mind the old car she was apparently seen being photographed on that ended up on Charlie’s Story (if it was even her). So maybe she’ll return to cars?!?

Hey, who knows, maybe she’ll be on a train :P

With the chemtrails, there’s the evident plane reference that could end up on the cover.

I always keep in mind the old car she was apparently seen being photographed on that ended up on Charlie’s Story (if it was even her). So maybe she’ll return to cars?!?

Hey, who knows, maybe she’ll be on a train :P

Let's not forget about her pilot license! Just imagine a cover of her flying a plane with chemtrails in the sky around her :defeated: I'm setting myself up for disappointment...

And now that I'm thinking of that car photoshoot... Where's our animated love song video? :hooker:

Let's not forget about her pilot license! Just imagine a cover of her flying a plane with chemtrails in the sky around her :defeated: I'm setting myself up for disappointment...

And now that I'm thinking of that car photoshoot... Where's our animated love song video? :hooker:

The Love song video lies somewhere in limbo with Cherry, PWYC, and so on hahahahaha ha!

To be fair, I don’t really mind for the abandoned MV projects because it means that she is writing -recording the new era and new album. Sure, I love her big budget videos, but mostly at the beginning of the era, to have visuals to match the music. But in the end, it’s all about the music and MV are bonuses.