Greeeeen

The Album BTD is emotionless .......

every time i tell someone im a lana stan i always hear the same thing

"eww she sucks live"

"her lips......"

"she is so fake"

etc etc etc

but something new i heard was that BTD as an album lacked emotion and passion...... basically her voice just comes across bored and monotone.

"The album had no soul to begin with; the production is immaculate, but the vocals are empty and without emotion.

And the only reason why she's the most searched of 2012 is because of the Nescafé commercial where they used "Blue Jeans" and no one knows who she is.

I stan for an irrelevant too, but you don't see me going around being all delusional. I'm not saying she's bad, but she is CERTAINLY not anywhere near legendary."

"National Anthem", "Radio "Carmen", "Million Dollar Man", the list goes on. She sings like she's half-assing everything. The only songs with any form of feeling are "Video Games" and "Lucky Ones". Paradise was even less inspired.

how do i argue this when its a little bit true ?

im not hating, i love her but her voice is kinda ..... bland and i can see how someone would think she is emotionless. I never really picked up on it till someone pointed it out to me

what do u guys think ? Do u agree, disagree and justify ur self please

might steal some of ur arguments if they r particularly good :creep:

I wouldn't call her voice emotionless. Somber and a little understated perhaps, but the detached almost dead-pan quality gives gives her a different type of emotion. Vocals don't have to be loud and soaring to express something. Less is more.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I wouldn't call her voice emotionless. Somber and a little understated perhaps, but the detached almost dead-pan quality gives gives her a different type of emotion. Vocals don't have to be loud and soaring to express something. Less is more.

her voice isn't somber, it's bland, like singing when you're half-awake; there's no thought to it. Dead-pan and emotion and contradictory; try again. They don't have to be loud and soaring, but they have to lead to a a climax, a suspenseful point, something. Her singing is very monotone and doesn't change AT ALL.

her voice isn't somber, it's bland, like singing when you're half-awake; there's no thought to it. Dead-pan and emotion and contradictory; try again. They don't have to be loud and soaring, but they have to lead to a a climax, a suspenseful point, something. Her singing is very monotone and doesn't change AT ALL.

didn't realise I was here to fight :brit:

just an opinion.

not fighting either, just a possible opinion too, that i would like to hear ur thoughts about :)

I gave my opinion and you essentially said it was wrong and I should "try again" :hoe:

Never mind though~ different views etc

I gave my opinion and you essentially said it was wrong and I should "try again" :hoe:

Never mind though~ different views etc

well lets be realistic "Dead pan and Emotion" r contradictory ....... im just putting up arguments i have heard to keep this discussion going :twirls: that is all

she just is emotionless. Dark paradise is like the best example of this. I dont think ur opinion is wrong but i dont get ur reasoning :P

Guest Maru the Cat

You think Lana sounds bored, and is emotionless and monotone? Try listening to Stephin Merritt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0YZzL8KCI

There's nothing wrong with having an emotionless, monotone voice anyway. Different strokes for different folks. :shrugs:

well lets be realistic "Dead pan and Emotion" r contradictory ....... im just putting up arguments i have heard to keep this discussion going :twirls: that is all

she just is emotionless. Dark paradise is like the best example of this. I dont think ur opinion is wrong but i dont get ur reasoning :P

Wtf? Why are you on this site? :uh:

almost was kind a key word but anyway, I guess what I was trying to get at was that different sounds trigger different emotional reactions in people. What you may perceive as emotionless another person may be very touched by.

that's NEW to me tbh

I even heard that her music is like music from church :what:

IDG how people can't enjoy her, Some of my friends like her and they love the fact that I love her, some people are so fucked up that I can't even :bye:

They're mixing up soulful gospel music with funeral hymns played during an intercession so that people don't have to hear their own crying; it's filler music.

IDG how people are so delusional. Some of my friends like her and they don't have an issue with me not loving her. Some people are so fucked up that I can't even...

You think Lana sounds bored, and is emotionless and monotone? Try listening to Stephin Merritt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0YZzL8KCI

There's nothing wrong with having an emotionless, monotone voice anyway. Different strokes for different folks. :shrugs:

We're not talking about Stephin Merritt, we're discussing Lana Del Rey; stop changing the subject.

There's nothing wrong with having an emotionless, monotone voice, but there IS something wrong about idolizing it; she sounds like someone singing poor karaoke, not a gothic goddess so many of you believe she is. Like I said before, she can transcend her emotionless aspect if she goes away for a while and works at it.

Well all I can say is....fuck the haters. :whitney:

Thanks, I know I'll be going to bed satisfied, and in more ways than one.

Wtf? Why are you on this site? :uh:

because I love her lyrics i think they are insightful, I love her videos I think they are artistic and I love her songs because they are refreshing change to what I usually listen to.

frog.gif

almost was kind a key word but anyway, I guess what I was trying to get at was that different sounds trigger different emotional reactions in people. What you may perceive as emotionless another person may be very touched by.

Those people obviously have some deep psycho-traumaif they're touched by emotionless "singing"; being touched from something like that is not a normal reaction, but I don't judge.

Guest Maru the Cat

We're not talking about Stephin Merritt, we're discussing Lana Del Rey; stop changing the subject.

There's nothing wrong with having an emotionless, monotone voice, but there IS something wrong about idolizing it; she sounds like someone singing poor karaoke, not a gothic goddess so many of you believe she is. Like I said before, she can transcend her emotionless aspect if she goes away for a while and works at it.

Um, a part of examining and critiquing an artist involves comparing them to other artists. How else would you come to the conclusion that Lana has a monotone, emotionless voice without having compared her to other artists?

Who are you to say what is wrong and right when it comes to appreciating different voices?

Get off your fucking high horse, you're not here to discuss anything with anyone, you're just here to shoot down other people's opinions.

Those people obviously have some deep psycho-traumaif they're touched by emotionless "singing"; being touched from something like that is not a normal reaction, but I don't judge.

Really? Could've fooled me.

Um, a part of examining and critiquing an artist involves comparing them to other artists. How else would you come to the conclusion that Lana has a monotone, emotionless voice without having compared her to other artists?

Who are you to say what is wrong and right when it comes to appreciating different voices?

Get off your fucking high horse, you're not here to discuss anything with anyone, you're just here to shoot down other people's opinions.

You don't need to make comparisons to know what sounds full of heart and what sounds half-assed.

I've been classically trained in music and choir for over 10 years now, so I know something about music. Her instrumentals are immaculate, but she needs the vocals to match.

I'm not on my high horse, I got off to get down to your level.

Really? Could've fooled me.

Believe what you want, I don't judge. lmao

Guest Maru the Cat

I'm not on my high horse, I got off to get down to your level.

Yeah. I don't like you. I'm in a shitty mood and you're annoying the fuck out of me, and I'm not gonna be a moderator for long anyway so say bye to your posting privileges. :D

IDG how people are so delusional. Some of my friends like her and they don't have an issue with me not loving her. Some people are so fucked up that I can't even...

because I love her lyrics i think they are insightful, I love her videos I think they are artistic and I love her songs because they are refreshing change to what I usually listen to.

frog.gif

you are contradicting yourself honey booboo's child

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Those people obviously have some deep psycho-trauma if they're touched by emotionless "singing"; being touched from something like that is not a normal reaction, but I don't judge.

psycho trauma? girl you must be real young cause your worldview seems a tad limited

i think her voice can be quite contradictory. its somehow lacking emotion, and yet simultaneously full of it

if you don't hear it, it's your loss. personally i couldn't give less of a shit but you're being an unnecessary twat about it

ZRBNill.jpg