Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

4 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

This is probably the only thing I’m gonna post in here because it honestly makes me sad thinking about the conflict going on. But I have something to say that may piss some people off (but tbh, idgaf), why are we looking to celebrities for answers during These tragic events?. I’ve seen lots of posts on Instagram about how x celebrity didn't say anything about how they support Palestine so they must support Israel… just because they don’t say anything doesn’t mean they don’t support Palestine. Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t block the people who have come out and said they support Israel, gladly do that but like we need to stop looking at celebrities like they know everything. 

IMO anyone with a massive platform like Lana or Taylor or whoever has the moral responsibility to talk about issues impacting the real world.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

IMO anyone with a massive platform like Lana or Taylor or whoever has the moral responsibility to talk about issues impacting the real world.

i think to say they have the moral responsibility is a stretch. But to each their own I guess.

I believe all artist should be talking about this and showing support to palestine but genuine question because I’ve been racking my brain about this and would love to hear everyone’s thoughts here.

Will political leaders actually listen? and more so, will Israel actually listen if these political leaders actually go against them?

I guess my main question is, apart from awareness what impact is it making? Maybe if they asked fans to donate to Palestinian aid etc that would help

You can totally call me out if I’m being totally oblivious here on social influence but this is a genuine question looking for something I’m struggling to find online 

5 minutes ago, DD said:

I believe all artist should be talking about this and showing support to palestine but genuine question because I’ve been racking my brain about this and would love to hear everyone’s thoughts here.

Will political leaders actually listen? and more so, will Israel actually listen if these political leaders actually go against them?

I guess my main question is, apart from awareness what impact is it making? Maybe if they asked fans to donate to Palestinian aid etc that would help

You can totally call me out if I’m being totally oblivious here on social influence but this is a genuine question looking for something I’m struggling to find online 

I honestly think its more for the influencers (the specific ones like brittany broski who were all little miss activist until palestine. and her weird tantrum) and to change their viewers opinion more than anything UP the chain. i think the block thing definitely started out as the right idea but im not sure if its just turning into let me block anyone I dislike bc I literally saw a video yesterday of an influencer who's incredibly pro palestine put on a block list bc someone deemed their efforts not "enough". everything seems to devolve on tiktok :stareney:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, DD said:

You have a great point. I just don’t think it should be a responsibility for celebrities that’s all. Anyone can disagree if that want but that’s my opinion :true: 

57 minutes ago, DD said:

IMO, political leaders, or at least Joe Biden, have to listen to the pro-Palestine faction. Idk if anyone else here has been paying attention to it, but pro-Palestinians and Muslims - who Biden NEEDS to win in some states - have been writing in uncommitted or writing in other people in the Democratic primaries.

Biden has to act, if he wants to win again.

giphy.gif