Sign in to follow this  
Semafori

SOMA

Published by Frictional Games (swedish based videogame developers who are responsible for horror series cult classics such as Penumbra and Amnesia) in 2015 , SOMA remains to be one of the most creative and bone chilling experiences in the indie horror genre.

B30E.gif

Although often criticized for its gameplay structure of evasion and hiding, which seems to have grown old for the newer markets, SOMA does a great job in establishing a sense of dread and helplessness as you traverse the bottom of the ocean alongside functional but abandoned research centers riddled with mazes, puzzles and monsters of all varieties.

IrLK.gif

The larger impact on the player rests on the narrative of the characters and the events that occur in the world you find yourself to be traversing all alone. Themes of trans-humanism allow for a larger discussion on the human consciousness , and as well sprinkled with gameplay affecting decisions that can’t help but remind you of The Trolley Problem.

98Qu.gif

SOMA is a fantastic game! I remember playing it, and it got me thinking about life, consciousness, and what it means to be human. The atmosphere is intense, and the story pulls you in. It's one of those games that sticks with you long after you’ve finished it. SOMA is worth checking out if you’re into games that make you ponder deep questions while keeping you on edge. If you need a break from the intensity, try playing some spider solitaire. It's a great way to unwind after exploring the depths of SOMA’s narrative!

It blew me away when it first came out and it still amazes me today, sci-fi done beautifully with such an ingenious story. One of my favorite games to this day :flutter:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺