DUKE

Tori Amos

What is everyone’s fave Tori album? Mine is Scarlet’s Walk followed by close tie of Choirgirl Hotel and Little Earthquakes. Sorry if this topic has been done to death. I’m not that familiar with her stuff from 2009 on. Not sure why, but her earlier records just hit different. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

25 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

What is everyone’s fave Tori album? Mine is Scarlet’s Walk followed by close tie of Choirgirl Hotel and Little Earthquakes. Sorry if this topic has been done to death. I’m not that familiar with her stuff from 2009 on. Not sure why, but her earlier records just hit different. 

Boys For Pele :wub: that album, and Tori's music in general, kinda sorta changed my life and I haven't felt such a surge of strong emotions when listening to her songs since like discovering Lana for example. From The Choirgirl Hotel is a second favourite of mine too!

The first 7 albums of her career (yes I am including Strange Little Girls in this lol, Tori's covers are so underrated) are really the holy grail. As for her work after Scarlet's Walk, I have dabbled a bit into American Doll Posse and I remember quite liking Bouncing Off Clouds, Programmable Soda and Digital Ghost.

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Anyone heard the new (old) Scarlet’s Hidden Treasures? I hadn’t heard it before it was released on streaming last week, and I’m obsessed. It’s so good and most of the songs would have easily fit on Scarlet’s Walk in place of others. Also, I just got my red Amazon version of the 2023 remaster of Scarlet’s Walk and it’s gorgeous. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”