Disgraceland

Podcast: Lana’s Influence and Inspiration

Full disclosure: this is my podcast (it’s also the biggest music podcast in the world by download). I was blown away by LDR’s artistry when researching Lana as a podcast episode topic and traced her songs through the stories of three incredible women from history; one international “Lolita” like manhunt, one story inspired by the “Blue Jeans” video, and a murder in the house of Lana’s namesake. I hope this story about Lana Del Rey finds a home here. It was made with admiration and awe. - Jake

36 minutes ago, Disgraceland said:

(it’s also the biggest music podcast in the world by download)

This flex omg. :hdu: I will play this at some point soon

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

36 minutes ago, Disgraceland said:

Full disclosure: this is my podcast (it’s also the biggest music podcast in the world by download). I was blown away by LDR’s artistry when researching Lana as a podcast episode topic and traced her songs through the stories of three incredible women from history; one international “Lolita” like manhunt, one story inspired by the “Blue Jeans” video, and a murder in the house of Lana’s namesake. I hope this story about Lana Del Rey finds a home here. It was made with admiration and awe. - Jake

Welcome along! I'm a big podcast listener, and am always on the lookout for Lana-related ones, so I'll definitely be checking this out. I just heard you on How Did This Get Made too, and that was an excellent chat, so congrats on that! I hope you stick around here for a bit as well.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

25 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

This flex omg. :hdu: I will play this at some point soon

Haha. You’re right. Guilty. But I just didn’t want to think I was some dude who didn’t know what he was doing. Interested to know what you think when you hear it.

25 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Welcome along! I'm a big podcast listener, and am always on the lookout for Lana-related ones, so I'll definitely be checking this out. I just heard you on How Did This Get Made too, and that was an excellent chat, so congrats on that! I hope you stick around here for a bit as well.

Oh right on!!!! I’m not going anywhere. I kinda want to write a book on Lana. Stoked you heard the HDTGM ep. Paul and Jason were a lot of fun to talk to. 

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

love this! i listen to a lot of true crime podcasts so ill check it out. thank you for sharing :)

Right on. Lotta true crime weaved into the Lana stuff in this episode. Hope you dig it.

On 8/28/2024 at 9:12 AM, Disgraceland said:

Oh right on!!!! I’m not going anywhere. I kinda want to write a book on Lana. Stoked you heard the HDTGM ep. Paul and Jason were a lot of fun to talk to. 

I finally had a chance to sit down and pay attention to this podcast, and I'm glad I did. It's fairly dense, and true to the format rather than even a typical music podcast, and while the three stories were not directly about Lana, you did a great job of using Lana as a modern starting point for looking at those stories. What I found most interesting was the idea that people who were considered 'jokes' or in modern terms, memes, are some of the most fascinating subjects for deep dives, because if you can strip away the fake public perceptions, you get to realise how deep those stories go. I'm looking forward to listening to some more episodes of you show, especially the Bourdain ones you were talking about with Jason.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 8/27/2024 at 11:08 PM, Disgraceland said:

Disgraceland is so iconic :nene:

will definitely have a listen in spare time! great to hear it’s doing such big numbers :bop: