Sign in to follow this  
IconicSoul

Lana Del Rey - The Paradise Experience

Hello to everyone. I hope I don't spam you by making two threads in one single day but I love Lana and I want to spread the 'disease'. I hope this worths a different thread and not to be merged with my DOPE CINEMA thread cause it's a different thing. Enough with the introductions.

The latest months I'm into making a fan project called Music From Paradise or Paradise Experience or anyway I want you to help me to find a way into naming it because I find it an interesting idea. At least my friends told me to do it. I was listening to Lana's instrumentals and I was thinking making a special project for the people that likes fan art or haven't heard the instrumentals.

My first try was this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLJkaBeDXo

It's a 28' cinematic montage with Lana's instrumentals but I think it's rushed and not made nice. I want to remake it and I want your opinion. First of all I'm gonna give a simple thematology to each of the song to give a nice splash of color to the project but I don't know how to do it. Should I put all the videos together like a movie or make the videos seperately? I really want your help cause the ideas fight one another in my mind and I can't decide what should be best. The are 7 parts and each one represtents a song and a period or an experience in human life.

PART 1 : BIRTH : BORN TO DIE

PART 2 : FANTASIES : BODY ELECTRIC

PART 3 : DARKNESS : CARMEN

PART 4 : SADNESS : VIDEO GAMES

PART 5 : LOVE : BLUE JEANS

PART 6 : DEATH : DARK PARADISE

PART 7 : AFTERLIFE : BEL AIR

I hope you like the idea and support me. :)

Here is the remade video for the Dark Paradise instrumental (it's cut off suddenly on purpose) I want to tell me your opinion please I will be very glad and encouraged to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGfUaDwrrvM

Sounds like a good idea =) I like the idea of 7 different videos, but I guess making them into one longer one could be like a life story?  I'm not trying to seem like a bitch by saying this, but how do you see Video Games as sadness? To me, it seems like a happy-ish song?, but I guess it's because I relate it to my fiance lol, but what made you pick it for sadness? Just wondering =) 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

The Parts are also in beta. I see it a sadness state because it's the state right before Lana's boyfriend leave her in Blue Jeans. In the song she talks about how in love she is with a magnetic boy that seems to be a bit indifferent towards her and prefer bad girls. It's a bittersweet story indeed that generates sadness for me. Any idea is really appreciated and no you are not a bitch :)

Plus in my mind a cinematic like video with seven songs is better than different ones. I have already made the 28 minute audio with the transitions between the songs so I believe I should stick to this idea. Plus the transitions are very nice :P

The Parts are also in beta. I see it a sadness state because it's the state right before Lana's boyfriend leave her in Blue Jeans. In the song she talks about how in love she is with a magnetic boy that seems to be a bit indifferent towards her and prefer bad girls. It's a bittersweet story indeed that generates sadness for me. Any idea is really appreciated and no you are not a bitch :)

That makes perfect sense, thanks =) 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I just let this go while folding laundry and it's really awesome. Did you filter Body Electric/Dark Paradise/National Anthem? Interested to know how the story goes with Ride and National Anthem added.

Great work.

No I didn't filter anything they are some instrumentals I found. Basically National Anthem, Body Electric and Dark Paradise are maybe not official but they are extremely close especially National Anthem. Body Electric is a filtered one I found and I added some chilren ambience so I could cover Lana's voice heard in some parts. The rest are purely official :) Oh thank you so much

The story I wanted to depict is life and death and all the parts in between like love, fun, sadness and addictions. I love the parts between Dark Paradise where there is death (Lana and Jaime commit suicide) and the afterlife part of Bel Air where finally she founds peace. I hope if someone doesn't like the video that at least find the idea inspirational :P