Sign in to follow this  
missirinee

Lana in Alabama/South

Okay, I'm sure some people are feeling me too with their interest or curiousity in Lana's journey to the South. Seriously, it's killing me and I think it's the most questionable and mysterious yet glamorous aspect about Lana for me.

I think Lana was definitely in the South but what confuses me is whether she was in Alabama (as mentioned in 1949, Pin-Up Galore and another song? I can't name it off the top of my head...) or Mississippi. She mentions in Brite Lites, "I'm going back to Aberdeen, back where I was a beauty queen" and we get hints of Lana go-go dancing in the song. There's a city in Mississippi called Aberdeen, and where I think Raise Me Up is about.

Raise Me Up to me is definitely about when Lana was in the South. Some people might think otherwise, but I got hints from the song talking about the South when I heard the references about voodoo and the South is notorious for its history tangling with voodoo.

After learning and seeing Lana's senior yearbook dedication thing with her quote, ect. I was surprised to learn that according to the Kent article, she wanted to go to SUNY Geneso. In my knowledge, she went to Fordham. So where the South comes in is that I think she was well on her way of going to SUNY Geneso, but somewhere between graduation and starting school there, Lana decided to go to the South. She might've subtracted the year in the South from her memory so that's why she's 27 to the public and not revealed to be 28, her real age

There's been some theories that she followed K to the South for a year before he got arrested and sent to death row and she went back to New York. In regarding to the K/South theory, Alabama has the death row penalty so...

There's also that screenshot of Lana's old Lizzy Grant Myspace where in 2008 she listed her location as Alabama for a while so that can contradict the theory that she went 2003/2004/ (one of those years) in the South. Or maybe she spent those years after her graduation from Kent in Mississippi and 2008 in Alabama?

I'd like to know your theories! I have a lot more that I can't exactly name off of the top of my head detail to detail so any addition to this hopefully growing topic is welcome.

I actually think that when Lana releases her third album and does a US tour we'll get a good biographical article or book even. I have a feeling that some serious journalists and writers and working on this.

Of course I would love to see Lana write an autobiography or perhaps even an unauthorized autobiography. That would be cool to do that. 

unauthorized autobiography

:erm:

My personal theory regarding the Southern culture/voodoo references is inspiration by way of spring/summer breaks in Pensacola, FL (not too far from Alabama), supplemented by more substantial travel and perhaps a Sookie Stackhouse novel or seven. But what do I know :P

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png