Sign in to follow this  
Lirazel

Little Lana things which you find funny or amusing

I really hope that there's no topic like this yet... Used search function and found nothing, so I suppose it's fair game.

Despite Lana's reputation as that Hollywood sadcore chick with moody tunes, she's capable of more than just sad songs.
Certain lines in her songs (wether it was intentional or not) never fail to make me chuckle.

My prime example is Go Go Dancer. This song is extremely fun and joyful and has managed to persuade me to go to pole dance classes.

They call me firecracker,
And alcohol's a factor.

(....)
They call me firecracker,
'Cause ain't nobody faster.

This part always makes me wonder... is she so fast cause she's drunk, or do those guys exaggerate her pole dance skills due to their own drunkness? :fabcat:

Pushin' up my, uh,
In your face, in your face.
Keep your fingertips,
On my waist, on my waist.

Whenever I listen to the song, I always find it funny how she replaces a certain word with "uh", especially since it sounds more like "uhhhhhh"

:thumb:

On topic of another song - I love the demo of National Anthem with the guy's voice smugly proclaiming that but of course, he's gonna buy Lana lots of diamonds. It's such a shame that this little jewel didn't survive to the final version.

I also find the entirety of Puppy Love rather amusing because of all the pop culture references and how she constantly sings that

This is not a school girl crush
This is not a puppy love,
It's the real thing

which makes me think that it's exactly what it is and she's in the self-denial part of being in love... which makes the song even sweeter, like a memory of first love from elementary school or something (I know that it's about high school love, but you get my point).

I can never take Cola seriously, because it has always sounded to me like she was parodying herself, or rather what the popular opinion things about her - "that sadcore Lana with her erotic/thrashy (choose whichever you like) lyrics, drugs, Daddies, American flags and diamonds".
I know that there's slim chance that she was going for parody, but I'm pretty sure that most people wouldn't get it even if she did. :usrs:
What I know for sure is that whenever I listen to the song, I imagine Lana rolling her eyeballs while singing it and laughing between the lines, like she has pulled the most amazing prank in the world... weird, I know.

I'm probably gonna add more things to this list, but for now feel free to share your thoughts! Of course it doesn't have to be about lyrics (or even music), it's just what came to my mind.

i am nothing and should be everything

I don't know, a lot of people see her as thrashy :) The non-fans, I mean.
I'm not trying to say that this is supposed to be laugh-out loud funny... but I find it amusing. Doesn't mean that everybody should share my point of view. Maybe light-hearted is a better word?

I take "Cola" more literaly, I mean, I kinda like the way Lana sings about her taste for older men. But I quite agree with you when it comes to the form, it DOES have some features of a parody and of a good parody, I'd say.

Generally, what I find amusing about Lana is her ability to kinda laugh out herself. She knows what people say about her and although she does not get easily influenced by them, she doesn't think herself perfect either and can reckon about some opinions if they're right. "I never have to work 'cause my daddy is rich", for example. People are bitching about Lana's rich pa (which in some enigmatic way is supposed to be an argument justifing that her music isn't good o_O ) and what Lana does? She agrees "oh yes, I am that spoilt I-have-everything girl". Probably I'm crazy to find it amusing but whatewa ^^ . Also in songs like "Without You" where "they all think I have it all", in fact it's sad but the sentence does make me smile every time I listen to it... She isn't unhappy for no reason and she really shows she's grateful for what she has, and it isn't really her fault, all those things that happen to her mind. She's honest and simpathetic.

And the wind I know it’s cold

I agree with you about Go Go Dancer - and the part is amazing!

I remember the meltdown about Lana being rich - it doesn't matter to me at all. Her music is amazing anyway.

Haha, I get you!
BTW, I love the second gif in your signature - it's just soooo adorable :aw: (not to mention that it's my favourite live Lana look!)

Her songs about being happy in love like "Never Let Me Go" or "Lucky Ones". In the context of all her sadcore stuff, they're just so touching. Without this context they would be of less importance, I think.

And the wind I know it’s cold

she does this thing with her mouth that i find adorable. its like she's just about to start smiling, but then she force herself not to but then end up smiling anyway. see gifs in spoiler :creep:

Jo1KAuu.gif

Lk0KfBz.gif

EQFO7rX.png

1. how she plays with her microphone cord

2. how she shows up at concerts/goes shopping in jeans, t-shirts, and a baseball cap and STILL looks super sexy

asking if it's okay to smoke onstage

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

she does this thing with her mouth that i find adorable. its like she's just about to start smiling, but then she force herself not to but then end up smiling anyway. see gifs in spoiler :creep:

Jo1KAuu.gif

Lk0KfBz.gif

I love the first gif, she looks so beautiful and adorable <3