lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

i wondered this with summertime sadness and dark paradise but why do they always create these random radio mixes? it makes it confusing and they seem more demo like to me

this is just a radio edit so i think the original is still the album version because lana's instagram video of the west coast music video teaser has the original version in it

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

The only issue I have is how I am going to decide which version to have at the top of my Lana playlist hehe. I have all of my Lana music organized and when she ads new version of the same song my OCD kicks in lol :D

i wondered this with summertime sadness and dark paradise but why do they always create these random radio mixes? it makes it confusing and they seem more demo like to me

The answer is obvious tho.

RADIO mix.

A mix for radio.

I'm guessing most stations don't play the song forcing Interscope to send them another mix.

I don't see the problem here.

Many artists have different mixes to there songs.

This wouldn't have happened if Lana made radio candy music but the good sis stick to quality rather than top 40.

Yes, I think this version will be played on the radio in Germany and Switzerland. Big markets (especially Germany) for her cause we do love her ;). ... Cannot wait to hear it for the first time in full ;)

The answer is obvious tho.

RADIO mix.

A mix for radio.

Why should they have to completely change the sound for the radio? no other artist that i know of does it

Best case scenario for me is the original (or "official audio") is on UV but the more distant newer mix is the single. Like I said before, it makes little sense to buy a single one knows is going to be on an album that one is going to buy (and in the case of the UK, UV is released just a couple days later?). But if the single is a different version? That makes more sense to me. Anyway, I hope the versioning was intentional and not just part of LDR's chronic mind-changing. We know she (often) has different versions of songs; we don't know how she feels about them. It being intentional would suggest she's getting less inhibited about exposing multiple versions commercially. Forget about the Summertime Sadness remix. Her original (dance-oriented) demo for "This is what makes us girls" would have slayed as a single. 

Why should they have to completely change the sound for the radio? no other artist that i know of does it

Grimes is a flop and not played on radio so there.

Maybe the artists you like already have radio music.

For example, JT song mirrors is 8 minutes long.

Do you think radio will play the 8 minutes version or the radio edit?

Lady Fadga music is as mainstream as it gets but G.A.Y also have a radio edit.

They have to do that for Lana because her music is not top40, it's not fast either.

They want mainstream success but still keeping her grounded and acclaimed.

They don't want her to flop like grimes hihi who will never be successful hihi