lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

This new radio version is fucking terrible. The mood and sex of the original is gone, this new one is some upbeat bullshit.

And here i thought the destroying of her songs was ending with Gervais doing cheesy crap dance singles. 

Oh well, the video looks cool. 

I can't wait for the video. It looks amazing.

I really hope Interscope decides to release the original version. It's much better imo.

I was wrong when I said the new radio edit was trash, its just not anything like the original. They changed too much of it. Especially the verses, that's just annoying.

i feel like this whole re-doing of West Coast is being directed by interscope, and honestly it's been pretty annoying. i strongly prefer the original version, the first one released, and I feel like she does too. hopefully all this fuckery won't be occurring while the album drops ((kanye changed the songs one of his albums so many times after it was released))

this is just a radio mix for a country where west coast hasn't even been released yet and i think it's pretty clear that we will get the first one on the album because it's not some "radio version" like the other ones. 

i76mrxw.png 

It doesn't bother me when there's different versions of a song but it really bugs me that they never officially announce how many versions there is (like with Y&B) so you have to rely on fan compiled lists that for obvious reasons could be wrong to make sure you have all of them. It's such a simple thing to just upload a post to her website listing what versions are available and provide download links for them. After all they are trying to sell her music and if you don't make something easily attainable for a consumer they won't buy it.

This new radio version is fucking terrible. The mood and sex of the original is gone, this new one is some upbeat bullshit.

And here i thought the destroying of her songs was ending with Gervais doing cheesy crap dance singles. 

Oh well, the video looks cool. 

what the heck are u talking about lmfao, this version is just for germany and some europe countries, and its not replacing the original so u can hear that one if u want.

what the heck are u talking about lmfao, this version is just for germany and some europe countries, and its not replacing the original so u can hear that one if u want.

Where did i say it was being replaced?

Where did i say i couldn't listen to the original?

The edit was posted, i said it was shit, nothing more nothing elsss.

So what are YOU talking about? nothing it seems.

There's nothing with with having different versions.

I was mad before because they replaced a version with another one.

Now they simply add another one which is all good.

Guys, I'm confused, how many versions of this song do we have? I only have the iTunes one (4:15)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

It should've been West Coast - EP

With all the (probably) 7 versions of it....

I'm just really confused I only have the iTunes version (4:15) but when I go into the iTunes store it says I haven't buy it yet so I'm guessing they did replace it with another one since it's now 4:16

idk this is really messy I just want the new radio edit  :defeated:

First we feel; then we fall.

To quote cimb:

1. 1st iTunes version - 4:15

Original version. This is on the official audio video. AKA Rob Orton mix

2. Dan Auerbach Radio Edit - 3:47

Vocals edited a little bit so that they're clearer, some vocal layers added/removed, last chorus cut

3. 2nd iTunes version - 4:16

Pretty much the same as the above version but with the last chorus. Lead sound during the last two choruses quietened.

4. Radio Mix (Swiss iTunes Store only atm) - 1:31 (currently) (Full version is 3:47)

Different instrumental (louder guitars, prominent drums), different vocal take, the song doesn't enter half time/change tempo for the chorus, 2nd verses (it all could happen/they got their movies) cut. It's a co-incidence that it's the same length as the Dan Auerbach version. The two are completely different.

:flutter:  living in LA has its perks  because i know those 2 places in that snippet video

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

so after listening to the two different 4 minute versions i think this is the only way for me to describe the differences in the chorus 

i can see my baby swinging 

vs 

i couldn't exactly pinpoint why i hated the second version but i think its cause the layering makes her sound robotic, if not somewhat militaristic 

ZRBNill.jpg

Anyone else notice the subtle lyric changes and verse swaps? Pretty interesting to me. I can't stop playing the preview, it's a really well-done mix, honestly. Very subtle reggae-esque vibes and definitely fit for radio-play.