lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

I agree, honey. I agree. :sadcore2:

The radio mix also has much better mastering and is overall more cohesive tbh. But that's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me, lol.

This ˆ^plus the fact that WC is perfect to remix and the new version makes it even more easier. Do you think she took that in count after the success SS had?  :hooker:  IMO she released WC strategically to be a club banger

glgcDdT.gif

I like the fiirst version better. This radio mix sounds kinda like 60's surf music. The "Your love/I'm in love" part was fucking ruined, man...

But I hope it is a hit anyways...

:pft:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

To everyone talking  about artists releasing different versions for radio... there's a difference between a radio edit that makes a very long song shorter (eg. Mirrors) and a radio edit that changes the instrumentation and vocal take. Radio edits that are shorter are nothing new, and there are some songs that have slight differences between single and album version (eg. Ellie Goulding and Lights), but Lana basically released an outtake of West Coast that is notably different. Singles are promotional tools for albums, so imagine someone buying UV because they think it's gonna be fun like the radio mix and getting the original... :creep: That's my ultimate problem with releasing different versions for radio; it's misleading. Especially if the single version is only available as a single and not as a bonus track on the album...

New version is cute and fun, but the original is definitely much more impressive in terms of mood and just moving on from BTD. This sounds like a BTD outtake (Lolita? Early DP?).

I like the first version the most too but radio mix is rlly great ~ thinking about it being a totally different take of the song

Come on guys you thirst for alternate versions of every single unreleased track but complain about West Coast having so much versions :stareney2:

I don't think it's misleading.

More like opening up her sound to a different audience.

Just like the remix of SS did.

Except the remix of SS is not her sound. It's nothing like anything on BTD or P. It even removes the only part of SS I like (where the bridge???). Same with Y&B. You could say that remixes might lead some to check out her original stuff and they might be interested, but I think it rarely gets to that point. And unlike the SS remix, this is a single for an album. It is misleading if you buy UV and don't even have the radiot edit. I know artists do that, but I hate it when they do it too. :creep: Same when you pre-order an album because you hear a cool single and the single's not on the album (although in that case you should have read the track list... still, it's obnoxious).

I have no problem with different versions of tracks (Y&B). I guess my "problem" is that you have the same song presented in two different ways at the same time for the same album. It's messy and yes, it is misleading. If it were being released like what we saw above where both the radio edit and original are part of the same EP (?), that'd be a different story. Then you have it like a cool bonus.

I think what I dislike most about this new version is the vocal take. I really don't like it. It sounds... lazy, if that makes sense? Like she recorded it because the higher ups said "make this more radio-friendly" and she did it in one sitting and left. I can see this being played at many a summer party with the new instrumental, though.

@robgrantdotcom We need west coast video RIGHT NOW ROB =(

@itsjofagundes Its so close you can feel it breathing down your neck

:defeated:

Just Rob doing his usual teasing. I still think we have a few more days

ew i got a visual of rob breathing down my neck and i kinda wanna die rn