Rafael

Lana Del Rey Interview: XLSemanal

What I enjoy is seeming chameleon-like, but I can't stand lies.

Legit Bowie of the 21st century

This random girl at a party I went to was talking to me about Lana's cultural appropriation and I just sat there like  :toofunny:

This is what makes us girls

We don't stick together 'cause we put SJWing first

I think they're just talking about the Summer Wine cover, no new stuff. Still waiting for that HDB remake though..

Oh I knew that, I just meant the Fiance part. (The HDB remake was just a rumor!)

This is such a good interview!! I love this side of Lana  :cuteface: I wish I'd get to see it more. I hope she also explores herself in some of the songs on Ultraviolence, rather than just the men in her life/ her romantic relationships. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

On being sent to a boarding school:

"I barely remember those days"

then

"Most of what I wrote on Born to Die talks about those years"

:eartha2:

Feelings versus memories.  I don't remember a lot of my youth, but I remember the feelings I had.  I don't think she is being inconsistant.  You are just pointing out semantics.  This is a woman who embrasis metaphysics.  Her reality is different. 

Watch what you say to me, Careful who you're talkin' to.

Sometimes Lana comes off as pretentious and silly in interviews (romanticizing the 60s/70s, talking about how she's such a true artist, calling Hispanic culture "exotic...") but this one was actually really nice. It didn't seem like BS when she was talking about metaphysics like she normally does. It was genuinely interesting and I felt like there were more glimpses into her as opposed to other interviews where it feels like she's responding how they want her to respond and being all "chameleon-like." As much as I like Lanalyzing her love life, I do hope for more songs about her, her struggles, her "very deep" psychological world, feeling "alone but not lonely."