PinUpCartoonBaby

LDR Interview: "I feel attracted to difficult men"

If you were a music journalist, what questions would you ask of Lana?

I'd get reallllllllllllllllllllllllly nerdy about her melodies and songwriting and talk about a ton of unreleased songs, probably. Get really in tune with her favorite places to write, the times, stuff like that. I'm infinitely interested in so many of her songs she'll probably never talk about. 

Yes Lana, I like this interview, shes really starting to just say it as it is to journalists now. I love the question where he says about her responsibility as a star and she says she gets it but won't change!

qsVmBMd.png

Is there really a difference :lanasrs:

imo, BTD/Paradise were more like Hollywood glam and high production. UV sounds like she's singing those surf songs again, cheap mic, electric guitar. Florida Kilos, for example, sounds like those unreleased songs that never been on a proper album.

I'm also attracted by people with complex personality and can't find many. A bit like her, I'm surrounded by people who love me, but I often feel very alone.

Yes Lana, I like this interview, shes really starting to just say it as it is to journalists now. I love the question where he says about her responsibility as a star and she says she gets it but won't change!

I like it too. I hope one day she'll get stronger and won't give a fuck about opinions of random conservative individuals who dictate how she should behave. She'll always be the master of herself if she decides not to let those haters drag her down. Everybody have haters. I do, you do, even Mother Theresa had haters. You cannot control other people criticism, there will always be. She was destabilized by all the hate she had since she became more mainstream, but on the other side, does she realize how many people who love her?

uh, CW obviously wasn't written yet? she didn't change her opinion; she just wrote a song that she thinks represents her life even moreso now...? lol

omg she explained it perfectly in the interview, did you even read? not an actual cult; go back and look for yourself.

so stupid. i hate when people go in on her making up all these lies and stuff, when it's just different language used to describe something--aka, not a leader of a CULT cult, but rather a group of musicians. it makes perfect sense, and it's obviusly not made up--wtf? 

i've read it...and in another thread we've been discussing this topic and some people said that she made up a bunch of stories and that it was hard to decide what was true and what was made up. i agree and i obviously don't know the truth, that's why i used this font.

I'm also attracted by people with complex personality and can't find many. A bit like her, I'm surrounded by people who love me, but I often feel very alone.

I like it too. I hope one day she'll get stronger and won't give a fuck about opinions of random conservative individuals who dictate how she should behave. She'll always be the master of herself if she decides not to let those haters drag her down. Everybody have haters. I do, you do, even Mother Theresa had haters. You cannot control other people criticism, there will always be. She was destabilized by all the hate she had since she became more mainstream, but on the other side, does she realize how many people who love her?

I agree with everything you said. The same when feminists start calling her as well for writing songs about for being submissive somewhat to men, its annoying because shes not saying that women should be in the kitchen waiting on men, shes just writing a love song and she would anything for her love. I'm happy though she doesn't listen to anyone or even think of anyone (fans, critics, media etc) when she is writing music because it wouldn't be the same. Her lyrics are interesting, if you take away her vocals the lyrics and stories are very interesting to read, why change that just because its not 'nice' and 'warm' like other pop music. Its actually refreshing and interesting to hear someone sing about in-depth topics and sing about sadness etc.

I do wish though as well like you touched on, she would recognize the people that love her and support her for her music and the lyrics she writes. She wouldn't be having a number one album if people didn't enjoy her and her music, so I wouldn't be too upset with certain opinions if I where her. 

qsVmBMd.png

I think Lana is aware she is appreciated by lots of music lovers but she craves recognition by her peers and critics. I think it is part of her personality, wanting to feel admired... her insecurity probably weighs a lot on this too.

But she will be ok.

:pray2:

I agree with everything you said. The same when feminists start calling her as well for writing songs about for being submissive somewhat to men, its annoying because shes not saying that women should be in the kitchen waiting on men, shes just writing a love song and she would anything for her love. I'm happy though she doesn't listen to anyone or even think of anyone (fans, critics, media etc) when she is writing music because it wouldn't be the same. Her lyrics are interesting, if you take away her vocals the lyrics and stories are very interesting to read, why change that just because its not 'nice' and 'warm' like other pop music. Its actually refreshing and interesting to hear someone sing about in-depth topics and sing about sadness etc.

I do wish though as well like you touched on, she would recognize the people that love her and support her for her music and the lyrics she writes. She wouldn't be having a number one album if people didn't enjoy her and her music, so I wouldn't be too upset with certain opinions if I where her. 

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg