Sign in to follow this  
FLA to the Moon

LANA QUILT PROJECT

I TAKE THE BLAME FOR NOT HAVING MENTIONED THIS ON LANABOARDS MUCH EARLIER DESPITE KNOWING. I've been busy with summer school & doing an exercise program this entire summer.

There are 3 massive Lana fans on Twitter whom, as far as I know, don't have a Lanaboards account. They're going to meet Lana at the Midtown Music Festival in Atlanta on September 19 & 20. But they want us to be with them in spirit by having us participate in their fan quilt. They have about 100 entries, but they need more, and soon. This is one of the most ambitious fan gifts I have ever known of & I really want everyone on Lanaboards, if they could, to read this entry & take part in something that will become so special for Lana. Here is the official explanation from these 3 massive Lana fans:

"Dear Team Lana---LANA QUILT PROJECT:

We (@itstaylorrr12, @emmilyymac & @jordantwerkcain) are doing a 1 of a kind project for Lana to show her how much all of us in Team Lana love & appreciate her. We are making Lana a patchwork quilt made up of patches of fabric that all have different & personal handwritten messages from people all over the world in Team Lana. One of the major goals of this project is to help Lana feel more at home & loved on the road. She often expresses the loneliness she feels while touring the world and how she likes to carry her loved ones with her on tour (i.e. her tattoos.) Once we give her the patchwork quilt, she will literally be able to wrap herself in the love & support from us. Team Lana, the people who want nothing more than to see her happy & smiling. She can carry us & our love with her wherever she goes. We know this patchwork quilt will make Lana beyond happy, & we hope that a lot of you will want to be a part of it.

To be involved in this Lana Quilt Project, you simply have to write Lana a small note or drawing (please write in Sharpie or in dark pen) on a square piece of paper, preferably 6 inches by 6 inches since this will be the size of the patches in the quilt. Once you write Lana your note, scan it on a printer & email the scan to LanaQuiltProject@gmail.com...We will take your scan and transfer it to the quilt patches, keeping your original handwriting, so that the quilt feels authentic & personal, & so that everyone who sends in a note to this project will personally have a hand in making the quilt. It is as if you will be right there with Lana wherever she takes it. Make sure your note isn't too crowded & your writing isn't too small, b/c it has to fit on the patches of the quilt. If you can't say everything you want to say in the limited space of the quilt, You can extend your letter & we will make a compilation of longer entries that we will print out on paper & give to Lana along with the quilt. 

Your note can be about anything you would like to tell Lana, but the focus of the quilt is supposed to be how happy Lana makes us, how she has helped us, & how we love it when she is happy, etc. so try to put something about this in your note. You're welcome to include your twitter username in the note, but the purpose of this quilt is not to get people follows, but to make Lana feel loved & appreciated on tour. The deadline for entries is July 31***.  We're planning to give Lana this quilt at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, Georgia,USA on September 19 & 20. We're very excited & happy to be doing this project for Lana, & cannot wait to see her reaction to all of Team Lana's kindness & love.  If you have any questions, you can email us at LanaQuiltProject@gmail.com or tweet our twitters @its_taylorrr12/@emmilyymac/@jordantwerkcain. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & WE CAN'T WAIT TO READ ALL OF YOUR LOVELY ENTRIES."

***They have since been willing to extend this deadline to August due to the quilt only being partly finished. Again I feel terribly guilty for not letting everyone on Lanaboards know about this incredible project sooner enough. Let's make Lana history anyways!  

Feel free to write your examples or post photos of what you will write on this topic. I will be retweeting & trying to let as many fans as I know of this now that I have more free time. If anybody does not have access to a printer, I will try my best to write your message down for you & go through the process. '

EXAMPLE OF ENTRY:

post-5301-0-67718100-1406432647_thumb.jpg

post-5301-0-26440000-1406432655_thumb.jpg

They don't know whether or not they're meeting her though

I emailed her manager, press and booking contact before her show in ATL on May 1 about a press pass and they responded ASAP but when I asked to meet her to give her a fanbook no one answered

It's very easy to get pushed around in Piedmont Park, I'll probably be there, but they likely won't meet her because the artists show up on stage and then get whisked away by bus after and don't stay. I went for the last 2 years

BzhmW.png