allseeing

Lana Del rey 'Video Games' joins Pitchfork's The Best Tracks of the Decade So Far

"It's a good pop song" IS THE MOST OVERUSED AND MEANINGLESS DEFENSE THOUGH

I think it was a well-produced pop song that didn't rely on gimmicky production or cliched lyrics (HI KATY PERRY!!!), but instead sounded fresh. I think bubblegum pop is very, very, difficult to get right, but in this case, it knocked it out of the ball park (managing to straddle the line between sweet and saccharine!) and I think its success is well-deserved. Yeah, the song was overplayed; a bunch of you got sick of it and think its annoying, sure, but I don't think that negates how great the production actually is. 

Gonna take this opportunity to plug Cassie and post a good bubblegum pop song :makeup: :whitney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVNT08MAVQ4

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Sorry, but Call Me Maybe is beyond cliche in its lyrics and production. Anyway, I've grown to ignore Pitchfork and RS. I miss Blender Magazine ):

No. Have you HEARD Roar's lyrics? It's one cliched sentiment or phrase after another. :biblio: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

What does Katy Perry have to do with any of this?

Anyway I admit it's a catchy song and I don't mind that P4K put it on their list, it is their list after all. to me it's just the fact they rank it higher than video games that irritates me. Like seriously, EVERYONE there knows it's better than most of the songs on that list. Obviously it doesn't matter anyway and I'm sure Lana doesn't give a fuck but still...