Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Happy Birthday, Paradise - 2nd Anniversary Celebration Thread.

I love this record - it was part of the Paradise Edition (of course) that was my first exposure to LDR, almost exactly a year ago - first on Youtube, then a day later on CD. My faves are Ride, American and Bel Air, and I swing between preferring this version of Yayo and the AKA/LDR version. The cover also has a special meaning for me that I think people who were into her before this came out might not be able to relate to - I was out of town a couple of weeks after becoming obsessed with LDR, out with friends at a record store, and I was so excited to see the vinyl of Paradise - I was holding it up and calling over to the people I was with that they needed to get this, and how this singer had changed my life. Fun memories!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I have 4 songs from Paradise in my playlist:  "Ride," "American," "Body Electric," and "Blue Velvet."  I have a 10" subwoofer in my car and I love listening to "Blue Velvet," because after the intro, as she starts off with "She wore Blue...", the word "Blue" lands right on a low B-flat from the bass guitar, and I have the bass cranked up and it gives me chills every time.