Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Happy Birthday, Paradise - 2nd Anniversary Celebration Thread.

Guest Dot

So, I've been on several other forums and they do these massive celebration threads, where they collect memorabilia, reviews, interviews, promo stuff and post them in the thread. They also share their thoughts on the album and the memories they connect with it. I think if we all contribute to this we can make one of those wonderful threads ourself! So, let's get it started!

81gGsKysRaL._SL1500_.jpg

Released: 11 / 09 / 2012 <- what a horrible date to release an album called Paradise tbh, lol.

Singles:

Lana_Del_Rey_Blue_Velvet_Cover.jpeg

(Promotional Single) 09 / 20 / 2012

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Ride_Single_-_CMS_Source.

09 / 25 / 2012

CD_Cover_template_by_SPCpizzaparlor.jpg

Cola. Cancelled / Forgotten / Ignored

Dark_Paradise_Cover.jpg

03 / 01 / 2013

BD_cover.jpg

(Promotional Single) 03 / 19 / 2013

YB_cover.jpg

04 / 23 / 2013

SPINNIN-Lana-Del-Rey-Summertime-Sadness-

07 / 11 / 2013

Young_and_Beautiful_Cedric_Gervais_Remix

10 / 29 / 2013

Lana-Del-Rey-Tropico-EP-2013-1200x1200.p

12 / 05 / 2013

http://vimeo.com/81086824

I WAS MAKING A BEAUTIFUL THREAD FUCK YOU  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

But oh well, HBD Paradise. Such a great EP. Gods and Monsters, Cola, Bel Air, Yayo - I like every single song. The videos, Paradise Tour, everything about this "era" was so beautiful. The photoshoots tho!!!

normal_07~29.jpgnormal_F4kdTkuIcDA.jpgnormal_003~7.jpg

Guest Dot

I WAS MAKING A BEAUTIFUL THREAD FUCK YOU  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

But oh well, HBD Paradise. Such a great EP. Gods and Monsters, Cola, Bel Air, Yayo - I like every single song. The videos, Paradise Tour, everything about this "era" was so beautiful. The photoshoots tho!!!

normal_07~29.jpgnormal_F4kdTkuIcDA.jpgnormal_003~7.jpg

Help me make this thread beautiful then! For this thread teamwork is required! Everyone is supposed to contribute stuff! :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And let's not forget the amazing Paradise Box Set!

tumblr_mdsxbjsi9A1qcouv4o1_500.jpg

Are these still being sold? I want to get one soooo bad! :crying:

Anyway...I remember that this album was the reason why I became a Lana fan.

Summer 2012. I somehow stumble across Video Games appearing at the top of the radio airplay charts in Germany when I checked them online while being stuck in Florida with my horrible host family. I had never heard of Lana before and so I went to some weird-ass filesharing site to check it out. What I heard was the Club Clique Remix, although it was labled as only "Video games" and damn, I hated it. I thought it sounded awful and couldn't imagine something like this being played on the radio. Back in Germany I saw that she was being advertised on YouTube and decided to give her another try because I thought she was really beautiful. I watched the BTD video, but again didn't like the song. I found her voice to be much to low.

A few months later one of my "students" in my Audio Editing 101 class decided to use the Summertime Sadness for a simple edit. When I heard it I couldn't believe what I was listening too. The song literally blew my mind and so I was eager to listen to more of her songs but lazy as I was I really didn't bother to listen to the album all the way through. However, I did watch the National Anthem video and thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and that song quickly became my new favourite song.

On souncloud I stumbled across the Cola preview and that was literally the moment I decided to stan for her. I waited, and waited and waited  for Paradise to leak/come out so I could finally listen to it and once I did, it was the Fall of 2012, I fell in love with her. I listened to the album non-stop from september - January until I decided it was time to get into her unreleased stuff as well.

Guest Dot

Back when the Paradise Tour was flawless (apart from the fact that Bel Air wasn't performed).

tumblr_mkp9wxqFd51qerg8so1_500.jpg

My most profound memory during this era was when the album sampler was released while I was at work. So I locked myself in the bathroom for over 15 minutes, watched the video over and over, and later claimed I had to take a massive shit just so I wouldn't get in trouble with my boss.

Such a pretty EP. I first discovered Lana in August of 2012 when I saw my sister's friend's BTD CD in their college dorm. I really thought Lana was from a long time ago, like the 60's, because I've never heard of her. 

About a few weeks after Paradise was released, I finally decided to listen to BTD and fell in love! Dark Paradise and Video Games broke my heart because in October, Hurricane Sandy happened and I lost one of my closest friends. 

I always feel like I owe Lana for being there for me when no one else was (so goddamn cliche I know).

But anyway, listening to Paradise made me question my loyalty because it was a lot more raunchier (Cola) and I was questioning her integrity as a meaningful songwriter. This wasn't because I was only 13, by that age I've already sucked a dick and smoked my first blunt, (not trying to sound boastful) but I still fell in love with it especially with Bel Air and Body Electric.

LANA DEL RAY CHANGED MY LIFE

I'm listening to it right now, Lizzy Grant is just everything, the style, the visuals, the motifs, ngh..

(Why did I write this?)

Guest Dot
But anyway, listening to Paradise made me question my loyalty because it was a lot more raunchier (Cola) and I was questioning her integrity as a meaningful songwriter. This wasn't because I was only 13, by that age I've already sucked a dick and smoked my first blunt

:awk: *Gods & Monsters plays*

Kinda the beginning of her decline lol - but I remember the hype in the months leading up to the release, and the teaser video ofc<3 Fond memories:)

Decline?  :biblio:

Guest Dot

Also this flawless fanmade Tropico edit by the ultra-talented set to the iconic "Cola". I know y'all are going to drag me for this but I still think that they should've taken the opportunity to score a hit for Lana and promote Tropico at the same time with a video like this.

http://youtu.be/OwffuNwTxE4

Paradise was truly an amazing era.. It took a while for me, but I finally came around to liking all the songs on the album (Yayo took FOREVER)

I remember, I bought this album on Black Friday, I waited in line for like 2 hours and I had to rush to find an copy. The first Lana CD I ever bought.

The AHS G&M cover really reinvigorated my love for this album.

:defeated: Where has this video been my whole life..? 

Oddly enough, despite being a huge Lana fan, I completely missed Paradise being released. It was a "oh look, new songs" kind of thing for me. :eek: In my defense, I was in my first semester of college and was more focused on exploring the new world out there while being completely on my own for the first time in my life. Anyways..

I outright hated Paradise when I finally found it. I was sheltered so songs like Cola, Gods & Monsters, and Body Electric were weird and vulgar to me. I thought Ride, Blue Velvet, and Bel Air were the only things that were good. I was in love with Ride. I only bought the CD just to have a copy of it because I was obsessed with Lana in general. 

Only in the past 6 months or so have I really warmed up to those songs, but now I can confidently say Paradise is my favorite thing Lana has done and the songs I used to hate are my favorites while I think Ride is cliche and Blue Velvet is a little boring.  :toofunny: and I despise American.  My favorite from Paradise is Cola for sure. I love everything about Paradise from the theme to the cover photo and I hope so badly she revisits that theme in a future album.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.