Sign in to follow this  
drewby

FRANKIE

frankie-logo.png

frankie-music.jpg

FRANKIE is a Los Angeles based singer-songwriter, whose obsession with 90s music, strong female artists from the 70’s, and a music degree, created the sound you hear today.

Her debut EP Dreamstate out now includes 5 songs which originated either on her acoustic guitar or from a dream state in her bedroom. Teaming up with her long-time friend Petros to produce the EP, the pair were able to create a unique sound that isn’t afraid to make pop music quirky and instrumentally eclectic.

“New Obsession” is a bright and exuberant tongue-in-cheek sassy pop song. Says Frankie, “It’s basically about convincing my best friend that he wants to be with me romantically. My favorite thing about ‘New Obsession’ though, is that girls often play victims in love songs and this song is full of confident girl power. 

The remainder of the songs came out of Frankie’s writing sessions with her band, such as “Problems Problems,” a doo wop-tinged synth-pop anthem that Frankie says is about a relationship’s last chance. “I envisioned this couple waiting in the snow for a train to arrive and they ask each other, ‘Are you going to get on the train with me or are you going to go back home? Are we going to try one more time or is this done?’’’ she says. “It’s a sad song, but I think the pop elements give it a lot of hope.” 

In February, “Problems Problems” became a viral hit and climbed to No. 2 on Hype Machine. It has since racked up over 1.5 million Spotify streams and also led to Frankie signing with RCA Records

The EP is available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes and Apple Music!

BzhmW.png

I totally dismissed "Problems Problems" when I heard it a few months ago, but this new stuff is actually good!

I wrote off New Obsessions when I heard it bc her voice seemed weak in areas and too shrill in others, but she feels like a mix of all the LB artists we listen to so I use

BzhmW.png