Sign in to follow this  
trayertrash

Is Lana Del Rey Just A Big Lady Gaga Rip Off?

Born to Die and AKA are very disimilar to The Fame though, so I mean why are a few lyric and/or style overlaps (not improbable in pop music) so interesting? Roisin Murphy also shopped at the same kind of fashion boutiques as Lady Gaga prior to her (with Roisin having the better taste, imo). Finally both LG and RM probably owe much to Madonna (Ray of Light?).

The idea of Lana giving a shit about Gaga's music (or copying her) is so hilarious. When Lana wrote that stupid Gaga diss-track I believe that she was pressed because an inferior songwriter had huge success and she wasn't even noticed. It was a petty and silly move from Lana and unfortunately became public creating one of the most hateful anti-Lana groups out there. Those lyrical similarities that the topic starter mentioned are far fetched and some them frankly shows the different use of the terms by the two singers (like downtown). On the other hand, Gaga is a confident performer and here I would like Lana to copy her.