Marlboro Lights

Blue Jeans Cover

Okay so lately I've been reslain by Blue Jeans the song. The video has always been one of my personal favorites from Lana, if not my top fave. It's perfection. I know video stills are used all the time to make covers for this song and others so this concept is kind of overdone and basic. However, I wanted to make a cover for Blue Jeans using the video stills. I had a concept in mind and wanted to try and be more creative with it than most people when they use the stills. This cover is actually a manip. I combined 8+ stills from the video as well as two of the official promo stills for the video together to make this. The watery background alone is at least four or five different stills combined. Lana is comprised of three I believe. I wanted to combine most of the video elements into this. The crocodiles. The dark water. Lana in her striking swimsuit. The drowning. I also wanted this cover to be simple, yet striking and to reflect the drama and cinematicness of the video. I personally am extremely happy with this cover. I think it's really beautiful and I'm so pleased with the final product. Hope you guys like it! default_smile.png

87dhcIB.png

This is splendid ! :defeated:

I could contemplate it for hours ...

The only thing I would change is the font, but that's minor and subjective. It's just that the cover is si dark and Beautiful compared to the light and scribbly "Blue Jeans". (Not a criticism at all)

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

This is splendid ! :defeated:

I could contemplate it for hours ...

The only thing I would change is the font, but that's minor and subjective. It's just that the cover is si dark and Beautiful compared to the light and scribbly "Blue Jeans". (Not a criticism at all)

Yeah font/text is a very subjective thing when it comes to graphics. I just wanted something simple that didn't distract too much from the overall piece.

I'm glad you like it though! Thank you!  :oprah:

Actually, I think that in our "fandom", the cover could be understood without the title. Anyway, it's REALLY beautiful, I studied it again a couple of times, today. It's really well constructed and executed..

I mean I'm using a textless version. I have a thing for textless covers and like you said I, like other members of the fandom, would get what song it was for regardless of whether or not there is text. 

But thank you again! I really appreciate that! I myself am very pleased with how it came together overall. Especially considering how many individual stills from the video I combined to get this result.