Sign in to follow this  
jimmy chevy nova

Environmental Training (My first film)

Hey there. I just released my first film on youtube yesterday and I want to share it with you.

PS: It is totally independent.

PS2: LDR inspired me.

PS3: Share it with your friends and help me to turn this into a world scale  :kiss:

Synopsis
A LADY. PAST. A SOUNDTRACK. FUTURE. A DESIRE.

The silent short-film is about a depressive lady of the last century who travels through time to a beach of current times, but ends up coming across a completely polluted environment.

Directed by Henri Meilhac
Starring Rafaela Sarmento
Original Soundtrack by João Caetano

The film is cataloged in the social network CRITICKER https://www.criticker.com/film/Treinamento-Ambiental/

i used a canon 6d.. <3

What camera did you use for the film? I think maybe one of the, funnily enough, toughest challenge in recreating old films look using our present camera technology is that cameras are now produced with such HD features that the frames are so smooth, whereas old films frame-transitions are laggy, jumpy, startled, coughed and skewed.

Make more of these.

Kudos for the actor, the make up, the costume, the location scout.

:rock:

a depressive lady of the last century who travels through time to a beach of current times

I honestly thought that midway you will abruptly switch to our present, polluted time--with blinding fast, catatonic, hyper-realistic frames and sounds. :P

What happened to the lady at the end?

Now we need an Environmental Training vol.2, about a young adult depressed in present time, and pseudo-nostalgically longing to live in the bygone era--when life seemed so simple; travels time to the 40s, only to find that it was just as bad--wars, worldwide socio-economic depressions and cultural uproars.

Made me wanna ask if y'all watch that series The Man in High Castle? I'm considering to. But, eh.. maybe wait until at least S2 or S3.

Cheers!

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.