Sign in to follow this  
American Crime

American Crime is an American anthology crime drama television series that premiered on ABC on March 5, 2015. The series was created by John Ridley, and stars Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton. The first season centers on race, class, and gender politics as it follows the lives of the participants in a trial who are forever changed during the legal process.

Ok. The first seasons was really good it had me hooked, I didn't really like the directing with the Latino family and the white family and how sepereate theory were but I really loved the storyline. The ending was so good, espically with Carter and Aubrey. The second seasons I liked SO much better. They really improved on directing and the storyline, I was really rapted by the confrontation with Taylor and Wes, along with the final hearing. I loved Leslie's role from the protagonist to antagonist.

What did you guys think about it? Who do you think killed Matt? Why? And for the second season, I'd recommend putting that in a spoiler since its a sensitive subject.

American-Crime_aTV-fest_0.jpg

i only caught the 2nd season but was disappointed with how they ended it. i guess i'm just never pleased when no one gets a happy ending, than again that is life.

Well I think it was like that for a reason, for only that's how it is in real life. You should really watch the first season too

*Spoilers regarding S2 w/ possible trigger warnings*

My views on the finale and if Eric had invaded Taylor

I just rewatched the final episode of S2 and I do beileve Eric raped Taylor. I think it was episode 6, when Luke grabbed Taylor's neck and he replied with 'No' when Like asked him if he liked his neck being touched. I think it was almost too the point that he wasn't raped nor was raped, it was up to the views to decide what they wanted to consider rape when a boy has sex with a boy (going back to when Terry said boys can't rape boys) and how Taylor said he was unable to say no. Even having Eric and Taylor cliff hanging their decision, we have all the information possible to decide if it happen. As for the last scene, its up to the viewers to decide if it was a 'crime'. It doesn't matter if Taylor got 30 years for manslaughter or Eric got in the car with his boyfriend. What really matters is that Eric didn't understand that Taylor thought he was raping him and in the same instance couldn't rape him due to that, while Taylor didn't understand if he was raped and was drunk while having sex, for he's unable to say no. While I think race, gender and politics played a big role the show, it came down to if the viewer thought a man who consensually was not drunk was having sex with another man who consensually submitted, by was unable to say he didn't want it due to being intoxicated was rape. Even if you count the pictures, that wouldn't change it. That's up to you.