Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Changed Opinions on Lana and her music

around may-august 2013 when i was a huge marina stan, i had heard a little bit about lana and i didnt really like her based on the things i saw about her, i didnt support her because i thought her references to "daddy"/lolita/abusive relationships was unhealthy, and i didnt like how she glamorized smoking cigarettes

then in september 2013 i heard off to the races and fell in love with her

and now its april 2017 and im still hardcore stanning her. almost 4 years!  :flutter:

as far as the daddy/lolita/abusive relationship goes, obviously i dont support those kind of things, but i grew up and realized that you can like the music somebody makes and still be able to distance yourself from something you disagree with, it doesnt make you less of a fan

(oh and once i started stanning lana i basically disappeared from the marina fandom  :toofunny:)

pNjWdpc.png

I used to like Guns And Roses, but these last few months I have come to strongly dislike it. The chorus is too tiring.

---

I thought UV was my favorite album, but I realised that I listen to more songs from PD, so PD is now my ultimate favorite.

---

I used to like American, but over time not so much. Being British, it kinda makes me feel isolated so I can't really enjoy it...

---

I always used to skip PD Yayo, which is fucking crazy to think about because it's my most favorite Lana song of all time now.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i loved ride and now i find it a drag

UGH i HATE how little i listen to Ride these days. I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat and it still kinda is one of the anthems of my life, but im kinda... over it? and always skip it on shuffle

"daddy"/lolita/abusive relationships was unhealthy, and i didnt like how she glamorized smoking cigarettes

as far as the daddy/lolita/abusive relationship goes, obviously i dont support those kind of things, but i grew up and realized that you can like the music somebody makes and still be able to distance yourself from something you disagree with, it doesnt make you less of a fan

yeah haha I almost stopped listening to her when the Ride video came out. I was like "umm, this is excessive" so I always underestimated Paradise. And when I actually watched Lolita, the movie, I was like disgusted and couldnt sleep cause i couldnt believe lana glamorised it, but now im so over it, and do appreciate Dolores's aesthetic ;)

---

I thought UV was my favorite album, but I realised that I listen to more songs from PD, so PD is now my ultimate favorite.

---

I always used to skip PD Yayo, which is fucking crazy to think about because it's my most favorite Lana song of all time now.

^^^ Same same same! omg

when I watched her official videos two years ago i always thought she tried too hard to get the ~vintage~ aesthetics. that was until I saw the vids she made herself i.e Lolita, Kinda Outta Luck and absolutely falling in love with them. but even if i didnt really liked the officials videos i always adored her voice and music. i remember Lolita, Radio, and American being my favorite (american's still my favorite brings me to tears everytime i listen to it  :crai: )