Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

nope, in the snippet of the official version of cherry it sounds like shes singing completely off of the beat, but in the live performance she also sounded like that until i listened to it over and over again

Haha I know right, the “burn off from the rush” sounded COMPLETELY OFF but now when I listen to the snippet it sounds fine as hell lol

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

For some reason whenever I hear a new lana song from this era I feel as if she’s not singing on beat with the music but after I get used to it she is indeed singing to the beat.

Does this only happen to me or is this an actual thing?

youre not alone. i thought she sung off beat in the 13 beaches snippet but after like 5 listens she's on beat

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

youre not alone. i thought she sung off beat in the 13 beaches snippet but after like 5 listens she's on beat

Haha but don’t get me wrong, I love the off-beat-ness, makes it sound less robotic, more genuine

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Haha but don’t get me wrong, I love the off-beat-ness, makes it sound less robotic, more genuine

agreed lol. The way love's chorus rhythm is just slightly off makes it all the more better.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

For some reason whenever I hear a new lana song from this era I feel as if she’s not singing on beat with the music but after I get used to it she is indeed singing to the beat.

Does this only happen to me or is this an actual thing?

Definitely me too. The first time I heard her say "Wrap you up" I cringed a little bit but now I'm like no wait I guess I kinda like it, wait do I love it? Love it. 

... my god people, what have you done. so much glitter it's like straight girls at Pride all over again. :oprah2:

I really thought I was gonna read from where I missed right before the tracks dropped on wed but it's impossible. 

I think we should never speak of what happened today in those pages ever again

yes lets not, ever again, for the sake of some sanity :toofunny: :crai:

Lust for Life sign at Amoeba music in LA. Lana also said she might do a performance there in the Beats 1 interview, just like 2012.

I hope so  :deadbanana: The video of that Amoeba show (along with the iTunes show), is one of the big reasons why I'm as big a fan of her as I am.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

@Elle saying "Unbelievable" in huge red font had my heart drop to my stomach even though I wasn't even involved in that mess :air2:

Anyone else kind of disappointed with God Bless America? I know we only have one thirty second snippet to judge but I was expecting something completely different, production-wise... something a little more anthemic maybe? Like I would've loved a relatively uptempo chorus with those kid/layered backing vocals that National Anthem had to give it that grand anthemic feel

We barely heard it though gurl

Lust for Life sign at Amoeba music in LA. Lana also said she might do a performance there in the Beats 1 interview, just like 2012.

DEvcNJeUQAA_iOs.jpg

Will she perform 2 songs this time too?

Because then surely it's l4l and love

MEEK MILL IS NOT A PROBLEM:

His past album did do VERY well but it was due to him being in the public eye a lot because he was Niki's bf at the time and big names like drake featured NOW THOUGH he won't because the public hate the guy- he tried to diss drake and drakes diss tracks back bassiclay ended him pmsl.

Tyler the creator is a nobody worse then Meek Mill and his leak means he has no way of getting no1

I like that she doesn't sings on the beat. It makes everything a little bit better. You can enjoy the instrumental and her voice at the same time.

Mfhp.gif