Sign in to follow this  
mauve

Lana's unreleased songs: found an article!

Hey guys,

Wow, I literally last logged on here about 4 years ago! I still fucking adore Lana.

I'm so into her unreleased songs at the moment. I found this article on some of them and thought you guys might like it. I seriously adore the way this person writes about her and appreciates her cinematic Hollywood aesthetic.

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Lana-Del-Rey-Most-Underrated-Unreleased-Songs

I love how they put 1949 as number 1 - I have never, ever heard anyone mention even mention it. I personally think it's a little work of art and is what made me read Lolita. Controversial as it is, if you like Lana, you need to read it - it's like dipping into her brain. She references it so much.. "swimming pool", "Carmen"... so many of her symbols come from Lolita.

I swear I would have put these unreleased songs in at least my top 20. What do you guys think of them?

:)

they're really nice songs, though not my favorites (only jealous girl + velvet crowbar)

my top 10 would be:

1. playground
  2. hundred dollar bill
  3. be my daddy
  4. resistance
  5. you can be the boss
  6. dum dum
  7. your girl
  8. velvet crowbar
  9. jealous girl
  10. hollywood's dead

there are others of course (HIT AND RUN!! PARADISE!!!! and the classic serial killer) but these are my faves i think

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I'm glad you're still a fan, how do you like the 2 latest singles?

Also let me plug these links - read these articles on some of her unreleased tracks  :usrs: 

https://lanavault.tumblr.com/post/156982262324/rural

https://lanavault.tumblr.com/post/159979713004/nexus

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm glad you're still a fan, how do you like the 2 latest singles?

Also let me plug these links - read these articles on some of her unreleased tracks  :usrs:

https://lanavault.tumblr.com/post/156982262324/rural

https://lanavault.tumblr.com/post/159979713004/nexus

I hope the next one is about The Flight  :hooker:

I hope the next one is about The Flight  :hooker:

It will be when I get the time to write it  :excited: It's funny how, in my opinion, the most important/stand out tracks from 2010 were all done with production duos.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

they're really nice songs, though not my favorites (only jealous girl + velvet crowbar)

my top 10 would be:

1. playground
  2. hundred dollar bill
  3. be my daddy
  4. resistance
  5. you can be the boss
  6. dum dum
  7. your girl
  8. velvet crowbar
  9. jealous girl
  10. hollywood's dead

there are others of course (HIT AND RUN!! PARADISE!!!! and the classic serial killer) but these are my faves i think

Oh my god, I adore these too.. I really can't pick if I'm honest. I LOVE Hundred Dollar Bill (but one version is significantly better than the other). Actually, i had an incredibly vivid dream featuring it last night. How funny. The lyrics are genius though.. "cash comes quick when looks can kill" "nothing more gorgeous than a 100 dollar bill".

Oh my god, I adore these too.. I really can't pick if I'm honest. I LOVE Hundred Dollar Bill (but one version is significantly better than the other). Actually, i had an incredibly vivid dream featuring it last night. How funny. The lyrics are genius though.. "cash comes quick when looks can kill" "nothing more gorgeous than a 100 dollar bill".

"cash comes quick when looks can kill" FEMME FATALE VIBES SO MUCH OMG

i can't pick neither, i just choose my last.fm + itunes most listened though

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

in no particular order and just random off the top of my head

because all her songs old and new are great and I have never heard a bad song written by Elizabeth Grant

or sung by Lizzy and Lana

D A M N you

Pawnshop Blues

Hollywood's Dead

Queen of disaster

Gramma  (this has always been one of my favorites)
End of the world (cover of the much missed, one of my  favorites, and such a really sweet person all the times I met and talked to her, Miss Skeeter Davis)

Meet me in the pale moonlight

Goodbye Kiss (cover in the BBC lounge)  (tell anyone who ever claims she cannot sing live, to listen to  this song,

(and ain't it so cute how she is so into the song/singing it, she gently bumps her nose into the mike)

Serial Killer

All I need

JFK

wish I could hear her doing Leonard Cohen's Dance me to the end of time

btw- I think 1949 is listed first because in some alphabetical listings, the songs with numbers appear before any that start with a letter

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp