Say Yes to Heaven

Instrumentals I've Created - WARTIME

I decided to make a thread for the instrumentals I make, right now I only have one (that I'm proud of) but I plan on making a lot more (: Feel free to use this as long as you show me whatever you used it for! I'd so love to see that. I'm greatly inspired by vintage things and try to imagine even Lana singing over them  :flutter:

Here's "Wartime", one inspired by World War 2. I've left the verses simplistic and bare to represent how lonely and empty war can be on the battlegrounds or even just at home. While the choruses bring more life into the track with the trumpet signaling victory. Throughout the song you can hear common sounds of war like air raid sirens, distant warfare, etc. I'm super proud of it and I hope someone can have some use of it (:

Listen to "Wartime" HERE.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

As I listened to it I kind of started singing a song I wrote weeks ago. I love it! How did you make this?!

While I can't say I totally created it from scratch, I did find these things called "sample oneshots" and its either short loops (around 2-5 secs) or literally one "shot" of audio that could be a 1 hit of a snare or kick drum, etc. I made a kinda different arrangement in the beginning and after getting feedback from someone I decided to redo it and once I figured out how the first verse and chorus would sound it was easy from then. At that time it was about that one perfect night in Summer, but after really thinking about a story for the song I realized what it could truly be about (war). I then added the samples of air reid sirens, screams, heavy breathing, and more (: Thank you so much for the kind words, if you ever record a demo with your lyrics I'd love to hear!

EDIT: I'll so share the original arrangement I had for it and the stems for it in case you'd like to use them  :P

Here are the stems, if you'd want to remake it so it fits your song @@MusicToPrayLanaTo  :P they didnt save to where you can just plug it in and it makes the song, sadly. Sorry about that  :defeated:  I had to upload them in .mp3 because my internet is WAY too slow to be uploading that many .wav files. Oh and I also had copied over like half of the first verse and all of the first chorus to the second verse and second and third choruses (amateur move, i know) so that's why they won't appear in the stems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzaNUcyD6xzKN2ZDYXByMzRFZDg

Reminds me of the chill hop stuff I like to listen to.

It's great, and I'd definitely love to hear more if you want to continue making these

Thank you so much! It means a lot, truly :kiss:

While I can't say I totally created it from scratch, I did find these things called "sample oneshots" and its either short loops (around 2-5 secs) or literally one "shot" of audio that could be a 1 hit of a snare or kick drum, etc. I made a kinda different arrangement in the beginning and after getting feedback from someone I decided to redo it and once I figured out how the first verse and chorus would sound it was easy from then. At that time it was about that one perfect night in Summer, but after really thinking about a story for the song I realized what it could truly be about (war). I then added the samples of air reid sirens, screams, heavy breathing, and more (: Thank you so much for the kind words, if you ever record a demo with your lyrics I'd love to hear!

EDIT: I'll so share the original arrangement I had for it and the stems for it in case you'd like to use them  :P

Here are the stems, if you'd want to remake it so it fits your song @@MusicToPrayLanaTo  :P they didnt save to where you can just plug it in and it makes the song, sadly. Sorry about that  :defeated:  I had to upload them in .mp3 because my internet is WAY too slow to be uploading that many .wav files. Oh and I also had copied over like half of the first verse and all of the first chorus to the second verse and second and third choruses (amateur move, i know) so that's why they won't appear in the stems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzaNUcyD6xzKN2ZDYXByMzRFZDg

Thank you so much! :kiss: :kiss: