SlowGinFizzzz

SKAM

Ok I'm starting episode 8 of the first season, what a wild ride. Noora is def my fav character for now urgh she's so hot and cool. Typically the kind of girls I'd be into irl. Vilde is hot but too dumb for me and I rly don't think Jonas is hot in the slightest, neither is Isak but his personality is so cute. Sana is a savage and I didn't really got into the first two eps but the rest got me yelling, the end of episode 7 was epic, I'm so excited to see what's next

ZKcaooE.png

@@SlowGinFizzzz

Henrik & friends posted photos/insta stories that pretty much officialize that he's in a relationship with a girl. some people - basically Skam's version of larries - weren't happy and started insulting both left and right, accusing him of 'gay pandering', of not respecting his fans' feelings, etc. this is also not the 1st time it's happened, he had posted a photo of the 2 a while ago but eventually deleted it because of all the hate both received.

about not respecting people's privacy... god, where to start. irl and social media stalking (the school actually had to issue a statement saying non students were forbidden from entering the premises), speculating about the actors' private lives and sexual orientation, and just a general lack of sense of boundaries tbh. for instance, Tarjei (Isak) actually deleted his own social media because of it. Thomas (William) was harassed by crazy female fans, including a 50+ yo woman who proposed to him (it's speculated that's part of the reason why he decided to leave the show). in sum, people are f*cking crazy.

Oh my God, that's horrible! Looks like every fandom has its crazy fans who can't respect boundaries. Let's hope these psycho "fans" won't ruin this amazing series. 

Ok I'm starting episode 8 of the first season, what a wild ride. Noora is def my fav character for now urgh she's so hot and cool. Typically the kind of girls I'd be into irl. Vilde is hot but too dumb for me and I rly don't think Jonas is hot in the slightest, neither is Isak but his personality is so cute. Sana is a savage and I didn't really got into the first two eps but the rest got me yelling, the end of episode 7 was epic, I'm so excited to see what's next

Yeah, I think that's mostly what I was thinking when I first watched it too, haha. If I were straight, Noora would probably the kind of girl I'd fall in love with.  :oopna:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Well I binge watched the whole first season and ya. Dang. I cried on two eps and I don't need much, yall can consider me a stan. I love drama so much when I'm not included :icant: Favourite episodes are definitely 9 and 10, it just keeps going better and better, ep 11 got me so shOOk the season ending is epic. Iben is really beautiful too wow, I rly like this cute psycho. I love that I guessed right away that Noora was talking about Justin Bieber lmdlkdhf :toofunny: What I love about this show, although it's certainly not flawless, is that it reminds me parts of my life I wish I could have known, like it makes me realize how different my adolescence was and I actually never really had irl friends but I still relate to this so much idk... It's so fresh and funny

And Sana reminds me so much of a girl my class I really like, she's musulman as well even though she doesn't wears a veil, she looks A LOT like Iman and she's sassy as well, it's nice to think about her this way. I have to be at uni in 9h but I want to keep on binging :crying:

ZKcaooE.png

lit everyone is talking about this show and even my friend sigrid was so she forced me to watch the latest season today it was actually pretty fun (??)
i liked the head kose group chick, gonna put in the effort and watch the first 2 seasons

kinda reminded me of skins 

no idea why since i've never seen it but i'm assuming it bears the similarities to most ~teen group~ dramas

and gay couples on tv are hella cute 

i've lit never seen it being shown on nrk before tho i prob woulda watched it before if i had noticed it 

the gabrielle line in ep (7) i think had me gagging 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck fck fck fck fck I just finished season 2 I'm crying so hard omfg I'm a mess... Season 2 shïts on season 1 no offence... Omfg I'm so gay, I love this lil blond goddess :icant: Jesus Christ I'm 22 and crying over basic teenage drama but it's so good. This series isn't perfect and it feels quite slow sometimes but that may be because I binge watched the whole season in a row oh my God it's 1am40 I have to be awake in 5h and I almost passed out in the metro earlier kms

ZKcaooE.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck fck fck fck fck I just finished season 2 I'm crying so hard omfg I'm a mess... Season 2 shïts on season 1 no offence... Omfg I'm so gay, I love this lil blond goddess :icant: Jesus Christ I'm 22 and crying over basic teenage drama but it's so good. This series isn't perfect and it feels quite slow sometimes but that may be because I binge watched the whole season in a row oh my God it's 1am40 I have to be awake in 5h and I almost passed out in the metro earlier kms

You got it.  :really:

I binge-watched it too haha. I watched season 1 and the half of season 2 within two days, then the next day I had to study for two exams and therefore couldn't watch, but when I got home after the exams, I was like, "I deserve this" and finished both season 2 and 3.  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

@annedauphine @SlowGinFizzzz lol, did anyone NOT binge watch this show? :teehee: it was the same for me; i heard about SKAM when S3E2 was halfway out, but i'm way too obsessive to start a show anywhere but the beginning so i binge watched S1, S2 & the first episode and a half of S3 in a single day (night, more like) and then watched the rest of S3 in real time (the hiatus between E5 & E6 was pure torture!).

and i guess i'm in the minority but i liked & related a lot more with S1 than S2. S2 felt like the more ~americanized season out of all 3 to me & i just wasn't as into it.

Finally I've watched it all. My favourite scene in the whole series is easily when Isak runs away from the Christmas concert. God this is what cinema is for. The third season was a biiit too slow for me to get it on, but super mega cute, I think that in terms of drama the second one was the best (and Noora is my absolute fav, my BABY), the first one was the funniest by far and the third the cutest. So happy to see everyone's reaction, I was so surprised I really thought everyone would be really homophobic. I'm very glad I watched this, thank you everyone for making want to see it :) I'm a bit more hopeful now. I want season 4 to be about Sana or Even, or Vilde, but I roll my eyes everytime she opens her mouth, homegirl is nice af but so ignorant :toofunny: Magnus is funny but I cannot stand Mahdi. I like Eskild though lol, he's like the gay cousin that's annoying af and ruining your daily life but you still know you can count on him whenever wherever. I don't like how the trailers have nothing to do with the show though, and I don't quite understand how the word shame relate to it but it's so good so who cares

ZKcaooE.png

Finally I've watched it all. My favourite scene in the whole series is easily when Isak runs away from the Christmas concert. God this is what cinema is for. The third season was a biiit too slow for me to get it on, but super mega cute, I think that in terms of drama the second one was the best (and Noora is my absolute fav, my BABY), the first one was the funniest by far and the third the cutest. So happy to see everyone's reaction, I was so surprised I really thought everyone would be really homophobic. I'm very glad I watched this, thank you everyone for making want to see it :) I'm a bit more hopeful now. I want season 4 to be about Sana or Even, or Vilde, but I roll my eyes everytime she opens her mouth, homegirl is nice af but so ignorant :toofunny: Magnus is funny but I cannot stand Mahdi. I like Eskild though lol, he's like the gay cousin that's annoying af and ruining your daily life but you still know you can count on him whenever wherever. I don't like how the trailers have nothing to do with the show though, and I don't quite understand how the word shame relate to it but it's so good so who cares

...and now, let the vicious circle of re-watching everything until season 4 is out begin!

tumblr_static_2f0crpy89sro48o44ooksscos.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

the trailers have nothing to do with the show though, and I don't quite understand how the word shame relate to it but it's so good so who cares

imo the trailers have everything to do with the show, but only when you watch them in retrospect. in S1 trailer you had all the talk about girl friendship & girls who are sluts, in S2 trailer you had the scene from William's brother's party (the trailer and the episode even have the same music), and in S3 trailer... well, that one is pretty self-explanatory & an exercise in non-subtlety, lmao. but yeah, the trailers are deliberately made in a way that reveals the plot as little as possible; they're more like teasers, come to think of it.

shame is the common underlying theme in all 3 seasons, and each character's growth + resolution of the plot basically consisted on overcoming it.

in S1 it was Eva's shame about what she'd done to Ingrid and then to Jonas & what that said about herself as a person; in S2 it was Noora's shame about falling for a 'bad boy', basically a guy that went against so many of her beliefs, and then shame about the possible rape & also about asking for the help of others, and in S3 it was both Isak's shame about his homosexuality & Even's about his mental illness.

and there's probably other more secondary examples in each season (the whole show is full of symbolism and hidden references/parallels), but these are the indisputable main ones.

imo the trailers have everything to do with the show, but only when you watch them in retrospect. in S1 trailer you had all the talk about girl friendship & girls who are sluts, in S2 trailer you had the scene from William's brother's party (the trailer and the episode even have the same music), and in S3 trailer... well, that one is pretty self-explanatory & an exercise in non-subtlety, lmao. but yeah, the trailers are deliberately made in a way that reveals the plot as little as possible; they're more like teasers, come to think of it.

shame is the common underlying theme in all 3 seasons, and each character's growth + resolution of the plot basically consisted on overcoming it.

in S1 it was Eva's shame about what she'd done to Ingrid and then to Jonas & what that said about herself as a person; in S2 it was Noora's shame about falling for a 'bad boy', basically a guy that went against so many of her beliefs, and then shame about the possible rape & also about asking for the help of others, and in S3 it was both Isak's shame about his homosexuality & Even's about his mental illness.

and there's probably other more secondary examples in each season (the whole show is full of symbolism and hidden references/parallels), but these are the indisputable main ones.

I love this analysis. I never really thought about the meaning of skam/shame, but this makes so much sense!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Yes definitely, I totally got that, but I was a little distraught as I thought the trailers were actual moments from the show, it's unusal for me to see this kind of trailers. I mean, they're amazing and made me want to watch the show, but they look more high budget and faster paced idk. Yeah I get what you mean about shame though thank you :)

ZKcaooE.png