GroupieLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMini Soda
  • Fan Since:January 2012, three days before BTD dropped and changed my life
  • Time Online: 5d 21h 58m 33s

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

The interview is a bit contradictory regarding her voiceShe said she adopted a low voice in 2012 and felt more confident in her high then aswell unless she's going to go Mariah highGreat interview though

I thought it made total sense. She used to say she lowered her voice when she picked up the Lana Del Rey "persona" because she wanted to be taken more seriously. It's a feminist thing. We all know how femininity is frowned upon. It's considered too fragile and therefore considered a weakness. So she started accessing her deeper vocal range so her voice would stand out more (which it did) and be more appreciated. She looked at the high voice as a fault. But now, she's talking about how she's had to re-teach herself that singing in her high voice is no a bad thing and it is not a weakness. She has to get used to be vulnerable and showing some emotion (emotion is usually more emotive and expressive in the upper head voice) on her new songs because that's what these songs call for. She's learned that fragility in the voice is a great asset, not a weakness and it can help convey emotion in a story.
I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

#42 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

~~~~~~ICON~~~~~~ President for Life

• OG Moderators
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

I use my phone non-stope in the dictation mode, I have recorded countless melodies and words… It’s a bit scary, I must have 700 rough drafts of songs on my phone.

Ehhh... not very wise to say this knowing your fanbase.  :biblio: 

I already once learned that I love to play with the buttons, the reverb, I feel more and more comfortable on the other side of the window. I can pass hours with a sound, it captivated me. Also, I spend time with the console in the studio, it doesn’t seem like working; it’s fun, exciting. I even read technical reviews, I’m a true geek (laughs)… Technically, nowadays, I would be capable of producing for other artists. The real question is, however: Even if I can, should I? Often when I jam with my friends, I can hear how the studio version would sound like. Maybe that’s my future. There is a serious lack of female producers in the music industry!

@Monicker bait.
:monicker:

This rhetorical hate is not dignified for a head of state. The day after the elections was one of the hardest days in my life.

Attagirl

Without really knowing what I was doing, I played one of my songs in public. It was Yayo or a cover of Buckets of Rain by Bob Dylan (she sings loudly)…

*Adds new song to already long list of covers to include in my perpetual work in progress sequel to my Lana covers themed podcast*

My dad used to listen constantly to the Beach Boys in the car, to the point where he always wore a Hawaii-shirt, even in December!

New conspiracy theory: @Monicker is Rob Grant.

The next one is probably going to be a Tesla. I had the chance to meet one of the founders of the company, Elon Music. With my sister, he invited us to visit the seat of SpaceX, I’ve already touched one of these rockets...

Oh, I bet you have. #SpaceSexAndTesla

For example, one evening, I’ve told Miles about the concert of Joan Baez which I attended. He has never heard about her. Alex made up a song on the spot “Miles doesn’t know who Joan Baez is” (she screams)...

Millennials. :smh:

#GetOffMyLawn

Not Lana thinking people will know her for her tattoo and not for her face ? :awkney:

Don't worry. If she wants to blend in, she could always get her nose done to look like this:
ZfyIF.jpg

:troll: :troll: :troll:

• SoftcoreBabyface and DAMN like this

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#43 OFFLINE   Ben Mawson

Ben Mawson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Time Online: 11h 10m 40s

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

With Miles Kane, can you speak with him about your passion for Liverpool FC?

I think my manager Ben would rip my head off if I wouldn’t!

Kathy Griffin style.

#44 OFFLINE   melodrama

melodrama

life of sundays

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Fan Since:New Year's 2012
  • Time Online: 28d 12h 38m 14s

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

Kathy Griffin style.

tell Lana to post her unreleased thx

#45 OFFLINE   yourboy

yourboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationNot telling
  • Time Online: 17d 2h 25m 1s

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

tell Lana to post her unreleased thx

Especially Roses Bloom For You
Usbxkamxjiamzmwox
  • Wasteland likes this

#46 OFFLINE   fool 4 luv

fool 4 luv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Locationmelancholy motel
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 4d 2h 2m 24s

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:17 AM

this is amazing omg baby has grown so much!! honestly as much hate as this era is getting her interviews have been rly good. she doesn't seem as scared of being misrepresented and it shows, she talks really deeply and openly and i just love it so much!! i think this is the best interview this era, it's so cute

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users